What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Regrets...?

ppilotmike

Well Known Member
I've told many RV people (mostly 2-seat Rv'rs) about my dream to build a 10, and many of them have recommended building a 2-seater instead (ironic?). They tell me it's more practical to own a 2-seater; they tell me it's more fun to own a 2-seater; and they constantly remind me that it's cheaper to operate a 2-seater. So to settle this debate (at least in my own mind) I'd like to pose the following question:

Has anyone built (or started building) an RV-10, and then regretted that they didn't build an RV-6,7 or 8?

While this may sound like a stupid question, and heck, maybe it IS a stupid question, I would like to know before I take the plunge. I've flown both a 7A and a 10. I love the way the 7 handles, but the 10 offers more space for family and friends. In the end, is the 10 really just a big, less-sporty "2-seater?" :( Please let me know what you think 10-drivers! Thanks.

I made the switch...

Back when I was first interested in building an RV I thought I wanted a RV-10. I talked to some folks at Van's that made me sit down and really evaluate my typical mission. After much soul searching, decided "screw my friends, I need to fly upside down every so often or I'll regret it!" :D

I took a ride in Van's -7A and that clinched the deal.

It really depends on your mission, take some time to really think it out.

I miss my -10 everyday. Thought about building an -8 but only for about two seconds. When I build again it will be another 10. I really don't have a desire to go upside down so YMMV. I liked having the ability to pile a bunch of stuff in and go and very rarely ever have to worry about overloading it.

It really depends on your needs......

Like Todd, I don't have a desire for aerobatics. My needs are for a nice, roomy, cross country crusier for both myself and my wife. If the college age kids tag along, that's just an additional benefit. My wife thought my Cherokee 180 was too small, so the RV-10 was a natural choice.

The first time my wife sat in the Cozy MKIV while it was still under construction, she said she felt like she was in a coffin. Sold it prior to finishing and started the -10 with no regrets. I fly in that Cozy every so often with the buddy I sold it to and it sure is small,,,,,,even compared to my C-152. Glad I am on the -10 now.

Back when I was first interested in building an RV I thought I wanted a RV-10. I talked to some folks at Van's that made me sit down and really evaluate my typical mission. After much soul searching, decided "screw my friends, I need to fly upside down every so often or I'll regret it!" :D

I took a ride in Van's -7A and that clinched the deal.

It really depends on your mission, take some time to really think it out.

MikeJ,

Thanks for your honesty. I totally can appreciate your take on things. I too loke the idea of Acro, which the 10 cannot provide. However, you can rent acro planes. Of course you can rent 4-seaters as well. Do you have a family or kids? How many times have "extra" friends wanted a ride that you couldn't give to them?

Mike

Is Bigger Better?

All of the acro aside, my real question is about whether the 10 is better because of family needs or something else...

How many people out there with families/friends ACTUALLY use their airplane WITH their family/friends? My concern is that I am trading the potential for responsive solo/duo flying for the potential to take 4 along for the ride. Is this a good trade?

Which argument for "7 vs. 10" do 10 owners use more often?
1) the "I have more space & usable load than you" argument, or
2) the "how else could I take all my friends and family flying" argument?

It's a big cost, time and performance difference, so I'd like to know the real reason people pick the 10. And how did the decision turn out..

It depends on what your really want.

If you want to build, build.

If you want a 4 seat transportation airplane, you can buy one that performs about like an RV-10 for less money than it costs to build a -10.

Maintenance costs will be a little higher, but insurance likely a little lower on a "store-bought" plane.

I think the two-place RVs are unusual, and you can't really buy anything like them in a factory-built. You can of course buy a flying RV, usually for less than you can build.

The best solution IMHO, is to build your "fun" airplane, and arrange access to a traveling airplane.

Do you have a family or kids? How many times have "extra" friends wanted a ride that you couldn't give to them?
I have two kids, one is living in China, the other is a HS senior. I expect most of my XC flying will be for fun with my wife. Flying with my kids would be local fun hops, and I don't see a need to fly my entire family at once (I'll just fly the airlines if we really need to travel together). Most of my "friend" flights will be local, for fun, hops as well.

Mike I built an RV9A

When I started building the RV10 was not an option.
There have been a couple of time that I had myself convinced that I wanted to switch.
Things that I desire that a RV10 could give me.
1. More people can ride. I could take my wife, daughter and granddaughter on a trip. Or a couple of friends as well as the wife.
2. I could take more baggage.
3. My wife liked setting in the back of our C172, she could do that again.
4. It flies a little faster then the -9.
5. It flies further before needing fuel.

Reasons why I have not switch from my -9 to the -10.
1. It doesn't cost me as much when I fill up.
2. I need to stop for a break before my tanks are empty.
3. 80% of the time I am in the plane by myself.
4. My wife has gotten used to setting up front, although she still complains that we don't have enough room.
5. The difference in maintenance cost.
6. The difference in insurance cost.
7. The additional investment from my -9 to the -10.

Kent, I still think about the 10, but most likely won't get one.

I was kit #27 when the -10 started shipping. A little vacation in Iraq and Afghanistan delayed the shipping of my tailcone, and during that 18 month delay, I changed my mind.

All the same reasons stated here, cost, mission, solo flying vs family truckster. The -8A can drag an awful lot of stuff along...especially for somebody who is a professional luggage packer :cool:

And one other that you may consider...you can always sell and build a -10 as you age or your flying habits "settle down" a bit. It seems to me the two seat market is easier to work within--unloading a 2 seater for $80k vs a four seater for at least twice that may prove easier. (Don't tip this plan to my wife, but ultimately I see myself as a two airplane owner, a -10 and an -11!)

Anyway, that is my experience. Good luck with the decision, and you'll have a blast either way!

Joe

I'm in the same boat right now. I'm a family guy with 5 total in the immediate family. The 3 kids are 10y, 4y, and 6mo. We go every where together. Before the kids, the extended family was always around too. I don't know if this will change with flying though. So do I build the 10 and have the room for whoever wants to tag along? Or do I just build the -7 and rent a 4 seater when needed? Wife says -10. She knows it's gonna be more expensive and probably longer to build too. She said the 2 seater is not a good move.

"Ok Honey, -10 it is."

Before I agreed to the -10, there was no support. Now I have almost daily conversations about the possibilities of flying where ever just to have breakfast, or lunch, or to a night club on the other side of the state, or a thousand miles away.

Hope to start within the next few months.

PS if we change our mind after flying the -10 for awhile, then we'll sell and start a new project.....:)

We all need more than one!

I fly an F1 Rocket and most of the time it is just me. There is myself and my wife Barb and our two children. They dicovered they enjoyed flying with the finishing of the F1 and soon it was, we need a four seater. We all loving spending time together and so I incurred the time and expense to build an RV 10. Since it's first flight in April of 2010 we have been on numerous local flight together. We have also traveled from Ontario to NH twice and to Ca and British Columbia. I would build seats for my family but for no one else. My friends can except the seat that I offer or better yet build their own. My suggestion is build what you can afford and what you want. Your friends wants/needs have no bearing on this decision.
Wayne
RV 10 88 hrs
F1 Rocket plus 425 hrs

My experience

As others have suggested, you need to determine the mission that you will be using the RV for. In my case, 6 years ago we were set to order an RV10 kit and changed our minds and built a RV7a instead. Part of the decision was because we had a C182 for a 4 place hauler. We have put 750 hours on our RV7a in the last 3.5 years and it has been a great decision for us. I describe the RV7a as a great 2 place plus 100 lbs. But for some of our trips, we had the need to haul a load and used the C182. So when I got the chance this spring to purchase an RV10 for less than I could have built it for, I jumped at the opportunity and purchased N143EB. We flew it 60 hours this summer traveling the NC and NW states because we wanted to carry the two of us and 100 lbs of camping stuff and 100 lbs of personel stuff. The RV10 is a great airplane also but it does use 50% more fuel. The only other downside to the RV10 is that in my opinion the RV7a is more fun to fly. Last weekend we flew the RV7a up to New Hampshire because we needed to carry two people and 100 lbs or less of stuff. Good luck with your decision.

A few regrets....

...mostly the extra 50% fuel costs over the -6...I like to go fast:)

I built a -6A and absolutely loved it and so did the wife. A few friends remarked about how "cozy" it was, kinda sarcastically. It's a dream to fly and I miss it. This year, my birthday was the Social Security one:) and neither of us 'bend' as well as years ago, so my wife, bless her, suggested a -10:eek: lucky me/us.

I found one priced well below parts cost and sent an immediate $10,000 hold 'em for me deposit and have never looked back. The airplane is more than I ever thought that a -10 could be...simply wonderful and not one of my friends or family has anything negative to say about it.

Best,

Thanks everyone...

Thanks to all who took the time to post on this thread. I'm more confused than ever now. Wife wants the 10. She says that we WILL be the "abnormal family" that actually uses all four seats. And, she doesn't like the idea of acro in a 7, so I guess it's a 10 for us. I have warned her that there is a high likelyhood that I will become a repeat offender later in life (with a 7 or a 3). Hopefully I can get into a good group of flyers who have a couple "sporty" acro planes I can enjoy occasionally.:D

A couple of you guys talked about purchasing a flying 10. Is there really such a discrepancy between cost to build and cost to buy? Or were you just wanting to fly now, and not spend the 5 years building?

P.S. JAMES FREEMAN (aka flyeyes) - you said you could buy a plane that performs about like an RV-10 for LESS than it costs to build a 10. What plane are you referring to? I've never come across anything "store-bought" that meets that criteria!!??:eek:

Bonanza is in the ballpark performance-wise and can cost less than parts for a -10 alone. Will cost more in maintenance/annuals.

Oh boy. Vector check time. Do you want to fly or build? If you want fly, go buy a used C-210, Bo, RV-10, Comanche or whatever fits your mission and don't look back. If you want to build, build. The 10 is a lot of airplane, even going QB. Yes, you'll get Cirrus type performance at the end of the day for half the cash outlay, but it's a lot of work to get to that point. But if you can stay the course it will be worth it IMO.

Bonanza is in the ballpark performance-wise and can cost less than parts for a -10 alone. Will cost more in maintenance/annuals.
But it is a Bonanza, not an RV. It looks like a Bonanza, flys like a Bonanza, costs like a Bonanza, the panel is like a Bonanza, oh and it's OLD.:eek:
We thought about buying a Mooney. Love the Mooney, but it's not a RV either it's a Mooney.

And, she doesn't like the idea of acro in a 7:eek:
That's what Trina thought till she tried it, but we still built the -9 because of the fuel burn and lower stall speed (spend a lot of time over the mountains and that makes a big difference in the energy if you go down).
She says that we WILL be the "abnormal family" that actually uses all four seats.
Our problem with building a -10 was that most of the time it's just the two of us. Only two of our friends asked where they were going to sit. So, when they need to be in Tracy last month, I had to make two trips to Columbia to pick them up. The rest of our friends that want to fly, have their own plane.

Kent's list of options is not much different than ours.
If you need and will actually use 4 seats most of the time, then it is probably the -10. After all, it is kinda like a -9 on steroids. Uses the same wing as the -9.

IF you think that a -10 is expensive consider that it would cost $400,000 -$700,000 to buy a new glass panel certified airplane:eek: while your -10 would come in between $125,000 and $175,000.
Unless you can find a good core engine and prop. If you don't mind used. That was my plan, but some wise family members asked me why would you put a used engine on a brand new aircraft?:eek:
And about the prop ... I'm so glad the talked me into spending the $$$ cor the CS prop:D

Last edited:
.... But if you can stay the course it will be worth it IMO.
A wise friend said "there is nothing like flying across the country in an airplane we build in our garage..." We haven't been able to put it in better words than that ... Was it worth the 2 years, 7 months, 21 days, 16.5 hours that it took out of our life? You bet. Would we do it again? you bet. Do we love our -9? Can you guess...

Every time we blast off that RV thing gets re-etched in your cheeks... So, if you stop flying an RV, does the grin ever go away? Ever?

And for the record, while the certified glass is fast ... they climb like dogs...
One time ... at Tahoe ... we out climbed one ... in an Archer ... :p

I started the process of deciding what to build about 3 years ago. At that time it was just me and Sara.

She wasn't too excited when I presented to her the idea of building an airplane. I really wanted to build a RV-7 because it was cheaper, smaller, and faster to build.

She said that if I want to build an airplane, I had to build a 4 seater for kids. I knew that would double the cost, double the work, and double the time to completion. But the single most important thing is that she was fully on-board as long as I was building "our" airplane.

Had I ignored her and built a -7, her view of me spending hours in the garage would have been dramatically different. Since it's a -10, she's just as excited as I am. She even encourages me to get out in the garage and get busy working on the airplane if I let a few days go by without making any progress.

Her support and harmony in the family is critical.

I'm really glad I listened to her because we welcomed our first son to the world 5 months ago. (and did I mention he's not getting any lighter?)

I do like the idea of the -7 being cheaper and more economical to operate. The -10 is more expensive and if you're going to build a -10, you're going to build a nice one; right? That means nice interiors, nice IFR panels, etc. There's no reason to spend $185K for an VFR airplane; so you'll end up building an IFR place for $200K. The -10 is just a different mindset than a yank and bank RV that's common in the 2 seat world.

Do I regret choosing the -10? No. But I'm not looking forward to the software subscriptions, insurance, etc that comes with a -10.

I do think I'll build another smaller airplane after the -10 with 2 seats, a vfr panel, and reasonable fuel burn, and no monthly subscriptions.

Phil

If you buy one you will love it. We did. If you build it you will love it even more I am sure. I think the bottom line is how often you need the 4 seats and how soon.

FWIW
Maxwell

I knew that would double the cost, double the work, and double the time to completion.
Double the cost, yes. Double the work and time, not necessarily...

... But the single most important thing is that she was fully on-board as long as I was building "our" airplane.
Had I ignored her and built a -7, her view of me spending hours in the garage would have been dramatically different.... Her support and harmony in the family is critical.
Phil
Makes gas and other costs cheep, relatively speaking given the other options;)

There is no reason not to put the same panel in the 10 as you would the 7. Unless you're building it to sell, build it to meet your needs. Our mission is VFR, but the aircraft is IFR capable if needed. Anything that you put in now would likely be outdated in 18 years when the kids are grown.

Whoa $200K? :eek: Right now I'm on target to come in about $160K and that's with a new Mattituck engine, new prop, IFR setup w/ dual screen Garmin or AFS EFIS, TT A/P, full interior, and pro paint plus my tools. Still way more than a 7 but the 10's components are just more expensive, starting with the engine.

The point is, for those reading this thead and haven't started building yet, is there's no limit to what you could spend on a 10 (or any project for that matter), but a tricked out plane can be built for less than you think, even when budgeting with list prices. It's still a chunk of change and don't keep track of the total costs if you have a weak heart. ;)

You'll see RV-10s for sale advertised in the low to mid-200's because that's what the market will bear and the sellers are adding in some cost of their sweat equity. But from a strick cost perspective, $140-170K would be more ballpark. Higher if you throw in stuff like a G900 or G1000, 530W & 430 combo, A/C, built-in O2, expensive paint (ie lots of colors and complex graphics), etc.

Last edited:
Buy a Mooney and with the money you save over an RV-10 "maybe" consider building a 2 seat RV in a few years, probably about when the kids are leaving home.

All of the comments that have been made here are right on. But what is important is that you build/buy the right airplane for YOU. Period. All of the arguments in the world for which one is better probably can't meet all of your needs, including the "which one do I feel better in" factor, and "which one is the family going to like." The fact that there are different choices for different people is what makes the world go around. I doubt that you will ever "regret" building any of Van's airplanes, because they all have a WOW factor, even though they each are different in many ways.
You'll do fine with any of them!

Vic

Thanks again..

Thanks again everyone, for your honesty and time spent posting to this thread. In the end, I think Phil said it best for me:

I plan to build the 10 with my lovely wife, pop out some kids in the process (her, not me), and then re-assess at that point whether or not to build/buy a 1 or 2-seater for fun-flying and acro later. Right now, ANY plane would be an improvement, as I have none.. :(

Now back to insulating "the shop"..:)

you can do a -10 cheaper than $160k, a lot cheaper

You can do a -10 a lot cheaper than $160,000. My hanger owner just picked up a 2/3 built -10 for $80,000. That includes the interior, the fiberglass parts all attached and the small parts removed for painting, windows and doors completed, a Signature 0 hour reman IO-540 with mags, injection, etc. The workmanship is VERY good. He will have to buy a prop and the instruments for IFR. Three blade MT is $10k, dual EFIS $14 to $15k, TX about $2k, AP $1.5k, GNS 430 is $8k, Autopilot about $7k. He'll have another $44k into it. A far cry from $160,000. There are bargains out there if you look. If you have the cash to buy on the spot you can save a lot of money. I did't have that money up front so it will cost me more in the long run.

True, but I was talking strickly everything new at list price. Yes you can come in under $160K, but not much with that criteria. Going used, reman, DIY, beg borrow and steal, etc, all bets are off.

My point is/was that you CAN do it right for less than $160 to $200k if you are willing to put some sweat equity into it. If you buy EVERYTHING full retail then $160k plus, plus is more like it. Half the fun of building has been in to trying to source new parts at less than retail. I'm even doing my own paint job and I've saved enough to pay for half my MT three blade prop. Of course I'm painting 'cuz I always wanted to learn that skill. :eek:

I have built two 8's and they are a blast to fly. I am about to complete a 10 and can't wait to get it in the air. The 10 QB kit in my opinion is actually easier than the 8 QB kit to build however many more man hours are required. As far as passengers, I will almost never have more than two people in it. My wife will have no problem filling the back seats with stuff for those cross country trips. From a performance standpoint you can't beat it, my flying 10 friends continue to share with me fantastic fuel burn performance when pulled back to cruise power. As for the cost, my 10 has the kitchen sink in it, everything new, glass panel and flight line interior all for around 170k. I have just recently viewed a couple of completed 10's in the 150 to 160 range and let's just say you get what you pay for. If you want a 10 that will bring over 200k build it yourself and take the time to do it right.

The bottom line however is define your mission and build the plane the meets it. You will not be disappointed with any RV.

Pat Stewart

Useful Load

My decision was less conventional. I needed the RV-10 payload so my girlfriend and I could travel with our motorcycle. A two-place machine can take us to airports.... a 4-place machine with motorcycle can take us to conventions, meetings, state parks, beaches, concerts, grandmas house and literally anywhere we can imagine.

I have built and currently still have both an RV-8A and an RV-10. 400 hours in the -8A and 75 in the -10. At this point, I fly the -10 about 90% of the time. My pros for the 2 vs 4 seats:

RV-8A

More Responsive
Aerobatic
Less Expensive to Build and Fly (Significantly, especially with fuel and insurance)
Quicker to build due to size
For VFR flying with 1 or 2 people my personal choice

RV-10

Less noise and vibration
Better IFR platform due to stability
Can carry wife and 3 young daughters (They like to fly places, so this is the primary reason I have been using the -10 most of the time)

As others have said, it depends on your personal situation and needs. Just remember, building takes years so plan head. When we started the -8A, it was the 2 of us, by the time we finished there were 5 of us. I should have planned ahead a little better, though I really love the -8A and haven't yet been able to part with it despite the low flying hours lately.

Aaron

10 it is...

As others have said, it depends on your personal situation and needs. Just remember, building takes years so plan head. When we started the -8A, it was the 2 of us, by the time we finished there were 5 of us. I should have planned ahead a little better...

Thanks for your post. I think you nailed it on the head. I personally really want an aerobatic 2-seater right now, because currently, we are just two people without kids. But the kids are on their way and we need to plan for that eventuality because it will take a while to build.. The 10 is the right choice for us. Besides, I can always find someone with a 7 or 8.. there's thousands of them!! :D

Get on it!

Alright Mike! I expect to see some serious action now!

If you time it right, I might have some good stuff to help out/give/sell you cheap here soon.

Dwight

I built an RV9 first. Realized soon after flying it that I needed the family to join in on the fun. Also there is no schedule to get home when everyone is with you on a flying trip. Just picking a destination on a wim is something my wife took a bit to get use to. There has been no better way to travel.

I see no reason to ever get rid of the 10. Even when the kids get to the point when they do not want to come, it just mean we can carry more stuff.

If you use the airplane as a point and go travel machine it is extremely efficient. Not much more burn than the large 4 banger RV's. Long range tanks in the 10 can get you almost twice the distance as the standard 2 place RV, I bet the total fuel used is much the same since we do not have to stop and climb again.

I am so happy with this plane in every way. What a machine. It might be more expensive to build but it has so much value. Value that will be there for a long time.

You can't go wrong

What a great problem to have! Should I build a -10, -7 or -8?

I purchased an RV-8 kit back in 1999 and absolutely love that airplane but when the RV-10 kit came out I switched. I knew I wanted more room and seats and I'm glad I did. The RV-10 is the ultimate machine to go and see the world. Well over 50% of my flying is with 3 or 4 people and now that my family is 3 that percentage will just keep going up.

I will finish the RV-8 someday and I also love flying acro and it is pretty easy to rent. I've had fun flying my RV-10 and training with different people around the west. The RV-7 and RV-8 are such great planes, you would have a blast with any RV.

Feel free to e-mail or call if you have questions.

Look at what my wife and I put in the RV-10.
( 2 mountain bikes, tent, BBQ, inflatable queen size mattress, down comforter, 2 chairs, small table, cooler and two bags of clothes)
585282512_LHCac-XL.jpg

What a great problem to have! Should I build a -10, -7 or -8?

<SNIP>

Look at what my wife and I put in the RV-10.
( 2 mountain bikes, tent, BBQ, inflatable queen size mattress, down comforter, 2 chairs, small table, cooler and two bags of clothes)

Would love to see a pic of that in the back of a RV-10. how you manage?

Packing in the -10

I don't have a great shot of the inside of the plane on that trip to Johnson Creek. I did have this one on our way to Tucson but I only took my mountain bike on that trip. I just take out the seats and then take off both wheels on the bike and it fits pretty easy. I typically put the bikes on top of everything else.

Scott,
Where is that camping/landing spot located? It's beautiful!!!
Here is a write-up on Johnson Creek I did awhile ago.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=31832

796882183_6uEDZ-XL.jpg

Here is a picture with both bikes but not all the camping gear. On this trip we ran up to McCall for the weekend and only had a couple of backpacks and mountain bikes.
547026848_3tCGA-XL.jpg

547028300_V2ezT-XL.jpg

Done yet Dwight? ;)

Alright Mike! I expect to see some serious action now!Dwight

Dwight,

Good to hear from you. Just kidding with the "Are you done yet" question...:D Per your quote, I will be starting my project soon. I still am working on my shop though, but it should be operational by the first of the new year. I'm hoping to place an emp order around the end of december or so. Send me a PM regarding what stuff you are looking to give/sell if it relates to shop stuff. You should post some more pics to VAF / RV-10 section. I'd love to see your progress!

WOW Scott!

Scott,

Your pics are definitely impressive. Of course David Shelton can fit a motorcycle in his 10!:D I was thinking you might give a post to this thread.. It was only a matter of time.. Every time I see that picture of your plane on the grass strip with the tent nearby, or the pics that are in the "coffee table" Book of RVs, I remember why I want the 10. It's for the experiences WITH the family.

Thanks again to everyone who posted here. You have all really helped me to make up my mind. I should be starting my project soon.

P.S. As RV-10 drivers, you all (and eventually me) need to keep posting pics like these to encourage others, and help keep the RV-10 Forum ACTIVE on VAF.

drool

Scott, I'm hanging up the picture of your plane on the grass strip in my shop. Very inspirational and exactly what I hope my wife and I will be doing with ours one day. Thanks for sharing.

Scott,
What did you use to finish off around the back windows? looks like something like a pinch welt but I know that's not correct.
I show my wife the other pix of Johnson Creek with your plane and tent and tell her, "That's gonna be us some day!" Dan

Thanks - First Four Years!

I am first to admit that I am very lucky and thankful to be able to fly around in such an awesome plane. I try to share trips and flights with as many people as I can through VAF or taking them along.
Today is my 4th anniversary for N104XP's first flight which occurred around 9:30am.

Here are a few of my favorite RV-10 pictures over the past four years.
Can't wait for next year!

Pictures of N104XP:
First Flight - October 14, 2006
102652124_GEqhQ-XL.jpg

610767255_ErKdx-XL.jpg

326896532_f4iy8-XL.jpg

113283311-XL.jpg

Did I bust a TFR??? Nope, the RV-10 always draws a crowd.
446275156_2Tf3c-XL.jpg

Scaled Composites
465907582_PsDUS-XL.jpg

One of my favorites at Smiley Creek ID
183669543-XL.jpg

Big Creek, ID
326817468_2EN89-XL.jpg

Stanley, ID
326927413_jbcte-XL.jpg

Furnace Creek - Death Valley
527734592_CFSTT-XL.jpg

First Four Years

Camping with friends and family
589123430_JqoSZ-XL.jpg

Camping at Nahalem Bay, OR
623388404_PCGbw-XL.jpg

Hotel parking at Mulege Baja, Mexico
790617819_DKgN6-XL.jpg

Oshkosh 2008
345865332_JHTDy-XL.jpg

585542507_ZpCqZ-XL.jpg

Monument Valley
1047594760_njxKV-XL.jpg

First Four Years

Pictures out the window of N104XP:
Snow capped mountains near Jackson Hole, WY
114615618-XL.jpg

Fall Colors
381510459_7irpx-XL.jpg

381506367_pN3GJ-XL.jpg

Red Rock Crossing, Sedona AZ
446279246_dgGxB-XL.jpg

Rainbow near Kanab, UT
375656682_3T33L-XL.jpg

Grand Canyon
375662783_NSsnM-XL.jpg

Bridges near Lee's Ferry, AZ - The start of the Grand Canyon
418788696_VFVuw-XL.jpg

This was our first landing at Oshkosh with the new plane. We made it!
178337073-XL.jpg

Friday Harbor
303065613_YrTCr-XL.jpg

Orcas Island
303085389_WwzCN-XL.jpg

Last edited:
First Four Years

I'll never forget this picture. We just departed Orcas Island heading back to the cabin at Decatur Island and were all singing "Rock-A-Bye-Baby" to Paige (18months) and when the bough breaks just a little push forward on the stick made everyone laugh as the cradle falls.
303190677_32cy5-XL.jpg

Mackinac Island
345488484_vvkqt-XL.jpg

Death Valley - Furnace Creek
496188250_bRjMH-XL.jpg

Gateway, CO
539044792_HUBJL-XL.jpg

Mt. St. Helens
589079096_KBGcH-XL.jpg

Landing at Arlington, WA
589092372_Z3gBc-XL.jpg

589094953_8Hka9-XL.jpg