What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 N143EB is reborn

tommylewis

Well Known Member
We purchased N143EB a year ago. It had flown 168 hours over 3 years and we flew it another 80 hours in the last year. During this year, we debated how to upgrade the panel to add IFR capabilities. The following picture is the new completed panel.

20110513_005.jpg

We decided on 3 GRT HX screens with dual AHARS, GNS530W, TruTrak Digiflight II VSGV autopilot, PSE 8000BT, SL40, and GTX 327 transponder. We have XM weather receiver and an XRX for traffic on the GRTs.

The effort to make this transition took about 400 hours over the last 4 months. We flew 2 weeks ago and have everything setup and working nicely thanks to support from Carlos at GRT. We are looking forward to doing some summer traveling in our "new" RV10.

Picture075.jpg

Tom,
Any chance you could add a "before" pic to your post? I for one always enjoy seeing what the transformation really was.
Sweet panel...Congratulations!

USB

I mounted the USB ports under the panel as shown in this picture.

IMG_1584.jpg

The USB flash drive is a 8 gig and only sticks out about 1/4 inch. It is big enough to hold the free 4 gig approach plate folder so we have all the approaches in the country and still room to hold demo files of flights. This usb flash drive is called a Lacie mosKeyto flash drive and I found it on Tiger Direct.
IMG_1585.jpg

Back