What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Front Seats

I found out yesterday it will be 5-6 months till we receive our seats. We are more than 100 down the list. Production is 20-30 a month. We are so bummed. We have had our finish kit for a year now and the plane is completely done ready to fly. Well, except for the engine. Just a small matter. Ha.
I suppose the only way to fairly deliver the seats is by order date. But there are those of us out here that have finished and are ready. And others who are no where near ready.

Just like calculating the "shortest route to land at all airports in side X geographic area," figuring out the most completion-time efficient way to allocate available RV-10 seats while minimizing unfairness based on position in the order queue would be a great thing to have A. I. working on.

A lot more beneficial to mankind than most of what it's been used for so far 😣

I emailed an inquiry of my seat status last Thursday. Had a tracking number 2 1/2 hours later and the box was delivered to my door today. Haven't opened it, yet, but I've little doubt that they're the Van's version. Size and density of the box tells me they are unassembled seats. (Box seems rather heavy for just two front seats sans upholstery.)

P.S. Finish kit ordered 7/2021

Ordered my Finishing Kit 8/5/2021 (picked up everything minus seats on 6/21/2023) and the seats arrived yesterday 4/16/2024. The seats are unassembled and accompany a revised section 49 for seat assembly. Box weighed 46lbs. The quality appears to be pretty good (perceived quality?).

Back