What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Cable External Covers

Larry

Where can I find the nice covers that cover the rudder cable exit point at the rear of the RVs? Per Vans directions the exits are just left open with some plastic tubing to prevent ware. I have seen covers on some RVs and would like to use them.

Also, what are builders filling the space between the angles on the floor under the instrument panel? I would like to fill with something light, up to the angle height, and than cover with a rug. Suggestions?

Was just looking through the Avery's catalog this afternoon and saw they have rudder cable fairings. Not sure how they compare to other alternatives though.

Steve

Cable Fairings

I drilled a hole in a 2X4 then sawed in in two. The next step was to swage the alum sheet with a bolt. I debated mounting them on the inside or outside-decided inside looked better. I haven't succeeded in posting pics here, but can send you email if interested

Derrell
7A Finish
[email protected]

Floor Board Material

The material I am looking for under the instrument panel needs to be ridgid. Some type of foam core that will not dent with the heel.

Floor padding materials

Don't forget about flammability issues (FAA approved testing done on it), and resistance to chemicals, like brake fluid and fuel incase you have a leak. RV-7 and RV-9 have both lines running through the center section of the floor board area.

Jerry K. Thorne
RV-9A N2PZ

Back