What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RocketVox?

Hangar 1271

Well Known Member
What is this? Does this popup for everyone or just me? It keeps popping up and when I continue it takes me back to the first page and I have to start again to get to the forums.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 1.34.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 1.34.09 PM.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 30
What is this? Does this popup for everyone or just me? It keeps popping up and when I continue it takes me back to the first page and I have to start again to get to the forums.

Yep, that's my company, we host the forum for Doug. The click through is to add an additional layer of protection for the ongoing DDOS attacks from bad actors. It will popup from time to time until we upgrade this 20 year old version of vBulletin. Donations pave the way.

Make sure you have "Remember Me" checked when you login, don't be in private mode, and disable any password managers for the site.

Doug, I have my password memorized on VAF so I don't have to input it every time I visit. Do I need to "undo" this?

I have the same issue, I can't get past the click through process if I'm using my chrome browser.

I have to open up VAF in a different browser to get through. Also not sure what "private" mode is........

Thanks,

Doug, I have my password memorized on VAF so I don't have to input it every time I visit. Do I need to "undo" this?

I have the same issue, I can't get past the click through process if I'm using my chrome browser.

I have to open up VAF in a different browser to get through. Also not sure what "private" mode is........

Thanks,

You want “Remember Me” enabled. Others have reported a similar issue with Chrome, not sure if those folks were able to figure it out, I can’t reproduce it, works fine for me. Upgrading the 20 year old forum software may resolve it. Donations pave the way.

Bill -- thank you very much for helping Doug navigate through all this. Ultimately the VAF forum will be an even better place. We all already enjoy the improvements that have been made. Notably the photo hosting, and I'm sure many other improvements under the hood.

Thanks!

Works OK for me with Chrome/LastPass (on Mac) - an extra click or two but once I do that all is good. No problem at all given how you're supporting DeltaRomeo!!

Oddities

I normally access VAF using my iPad. Over the last few weeks I have to logon multiple times during a session. It doesn't happen all the time.

I'll open one thread, then go back to "Todays Posts". Sometimes when I click on another thread, it wants me to login again. It remembers my Id & Password but I'll have to click the login prompt to proceed.

Yesterday, I wrote a reply to a thread and when I went to Preview it, I got the logon prompt. When I logged back in, everything I had typed had disappeared.

I writing this using my PC, so that hopefully, this reply works properly.

I normally access VAF using my iPad. Over the last few weeks I have to logon multiple times during a session. It doesn't happen all the time.

I'll open one thread, then go back to "Todays Posts". Sometimes when I click on another thread, it wants me to login again. It remembers my Id & Password but I'll have to click the login prompt to proceed.

Yesterday, I wrote a reply to a thread and when I went to Preview it, I got the logon prompt. When I logged back in, everything I had typed had disappeared.

I writing this using my PC, so that hopefully, this reply works properly.

Do you have "Remember Me" checked or is your browser auto filling the credentials?

At any rate, it's not the site, well, other than the forum software is 20 years old, nothing to be done on this end.

Let's get the forum upgraded! Donations pave the way! Already donated? Donate some more ... let's get this party started :D:D:D

As a data point: I'm using Safari on a Mac. I get that message when I first visit the page but have not had the login issue.

Back