What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Right Angle Screwdriver extraordinaire

akarmy

Well Known Member
Just doing my first condition inspection on my RV-8 and wanted to share the joy that this simple tool brought to the process of removing the interior panels.

BTWS.jpg

snapon Ratcheting Miniature Straight Screwdriver

It accepts standard short hex bits so you can use your favorite ACR tips to keep from rounding out screws. The best part is the top round button is flat so you can easily apply lots of pressure as you turn to keep from rounding out the screws.

Excellent tool !

I stumbled on a similar one at Sears. I got a Craftsman brand, and it works just fine, but I do love the smooth operation of SnapOn tools. The Craftsman was $9.99. The SnapON guy has not found my shop yet.

They can remove phillips screws with far less slipping. Also using torx, hex bits can be used and get a good grip. I took a phillips bit and cut it off so only the tip was showing and used it in a tight spot where absolutely nothing else would do.

I went the Sears route. This was before they cheapened all their tools, so you are probably better off with the SnapOn.

One other thing I did was to replace some of the hard to reach pan head screws with cab screws (allen head screws).

Last edited:
Back