What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Remote level button for GNC507?

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I don’t see a pin out for an external level button on the GMC507. There is for the TO/GA but not the level best I can tell.

Is there a way to configure it thru the GDU460 via a remote discrete input?

You can do this by using any available discrete input on your GEA 24, GAD 27, or GSU 73. See "AFCS Level" in section 35.4.32.26 in the current G3X installation manual (revision AQ):

AFCS Level - Used in conjunction with the autopilot to activate LVL mode. This input should be connected to a momentary pushbutton.

Is the intention to put that switch on the control stick? Otherwise there is a nicely colored level switch right on the 507 itself. This is in addition to the fact that with the ESP enabled, the system will recognize and engages the LVL when it gets into an unusual attitude.

It is my intention to put it on the stick in addition to that lovely blue button.

I have a spot on the stick and would like a secondary location button. Not for panic mode but for the convenience when I need a few seconds to do something and I’m by myself and can’t hand the control off to someone else.

Thanks Matt. I found it.

Last edited:
Back