What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RED-BOX mounting bracket

cyrus

Well Known Member
I've read the threads on redbox ft60 mounting and for an injected engine I understand it's best to mount it upstream from the fuel servo and before the spider.

I'm curious how people mount it. Brackets or Zipties? Love to see pics if anybody cares to share.

thanks
Cyrus

Most do DOWNSTREAM from the servo, and before the flow divider. Steve and I are currently working on a bracket that will be interchangeable between the AFP and Bendix/Avstar/Precision flow dividers. Taking some time!

Tom

Mine's just aft of firewall, through-bolted to floor. Fuel flow reading is high when boost pump is on, but right on the money when off.

Cyrus,

Mounting the FF sensor between the servo and flow divider is the preferred location. Some mount between the firewall bulkhead fitting and the engine pump with success. Having mounted one on the engine accessory case using the vacuum pump studs I can attest this is not a good place. The vibration proved to be detrimental to the wire pig tail.
My last build I made an aluminum plate that fit between engine mount tubes and adel clamped to the tubes. Then bolted the sender to the plate. It is inline with the vertical path between the throttle body and the flow divider, also protected from engine vibration.

Most do DOWNSTREAM from the servo, and before the flow divider. Steve and I are currently working on a bracket that will be interchangeable between the AFP and Bendix/Avstar/Precision flow dividers. Taking some time!

Tom

Are you developing the bracket to work with the AFP purge valve?

Back