What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rebooting G3X’s (Log Files and Updates)

Phil

Well Known Member
Last Saturday, I went out on a short flight and my G3X (Non-Touch) system became unstable at power-up for the return flight. I have a (PFD 1), (MFD), and (PFD 2).

When I turned the master switch, my MFD was slow to come up. Upon closer at the screen it said something along the lines of “Validating Terrain”. Basically it appeared to be scanning the terriain DB to verify its integrity.

Upon completion of the scan (maybe 2 minutes) the system rebooted. When it came back up, both the MFD and PFD 2 began a non-stop rebooting loop. As soon as the system would come up it would immediately bounce into another reboot cycle.

I was able to shut down the MFD an PFD 2, and fly home only on PFD 1 in reversionary mode.

My gut feeling tells me this is a software issue and I am due to upgrade my software. I’m currently running 12.10 and see that 12.50 is now available.

My plan is to upgrade the software to 12.50 and see if that resolves the issue. However, before I complicate the issue by turning a single problem into two, or losing forensic log data that could be useful in troubleshooting, I’d like to download the system-level logs before attempting the software upgrade.

I’m curious to know if any of you have encountered this issue, and if any of you could share the routine necessary to download the software logs before I attempt the software upgrade.

Thanks!
Phil

Just something I’ve noticed, do not keep cards with systems software or databases in the screens when not being actively loaded, keep only blank card in the screens for data logging purposes.

Yea, only the data logging cards were in the system. I keep the database updates and system software update cards on separate cards and they don’t get to ride along.

GDU 3XX Reset

Last Saturday, I went out on a short flight and my G3X (Non-Touch) system became unstable at power-up for the return flight. I have a (PFD 1), (MFD), and (PFD 2).

When I turned the master switch, my MFD was slow to come up. Upon closer at the screen it said something along the lines of “Validating Terrain”. Basically it appeared to be scanning the terriain DB to verify its integrity.

Upon completion of the scan (maybe 2 minutes) the system rebooted. When it came back up, both the MFD and PFD 2 began a non-stop rebooting loop. As soon as the system would come up it would immediately bounce into another reboot cycle.

I was able to shut down the MFD an PFD 2, and fly home only on PFD 1 in reversionary mode.

My gut feeling tells me this is a software issue and I am due to upgrade my software. I’m currently running 12.10 and see that 12.50 is now available.

My plan is to upgrade the software to 12.50 and see if that resolves the issue. However, before I complicate the issue by turning a single problem into two, or losing forensic log data that could be useful in troubleshooting, I’d like to download the system-level logs before attempting the software upgrade.

I’m curious to know if any of you have encountered this issue, and if any of you could share the routine necessary to download the software logs before I attempt the software upgrade.

Thanks!
Phil

Hi Phil,

If able, can you please email us a picture of your system information screen to [email protected]? We can review this with you and help sort out the root cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Phil,

If able, can you please email us a picture of your system information screen to [email protected]? We can review this with you and help sort out the root cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,

I sent a message on Saturday at 3:49PM, so you should see it. So far I haven’t heard a response, but you should be able to find it.

I’ll reply back to it with a screen shot in a few min.

Thanks for the help,
Phil

OK a pair of emails just sent with images.

Meet you on the other side.

Phil

Back