What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Seat CT81F install

Jonnyb

Well Known Member
Anyone got any pictures or tips? Advice on how it interacts with the CT83F quadrant.
I have the rear seat throttle kit from Vans and the fuse isnt at the canoe stage yet, so thought it would be a good time to have a look at this install.

Here is my install. I used an aftermarket quadrant along with Van’s kit. My advice is go slow when cutting clearance holes for connecting rod. Remove a little at a time, check clearance and repeat. The nut plate mounting holes in aft (left) frame member of the photo should not go in the frame member but in the quadrant mounting plate instead. I have a QB fuselage so those holes were already there.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks, that great!
The photo explained a lot. Did you have any issues connecting the rear throttle to the front throttle? I’m assuming you used Vans push rod system?

I used Van’s supplied pushrod and hardware to connect the throttles. Here are a few more photos that show that. You may have to reposition the hole in the fwd throttle lever closer to the aft edge but still with adequate edge distance in order to get full throw with the connecting hardware. My memory is fuzzy on the details so be on the lookout for binding at full throw.

Attachments

• IMG_2970.jpeg
    IMG_2970.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2972.jpeg
    IMG_2972.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2979.jpeg
    IMG_2979.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2980.jpeg
    IMG_2980.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2973.jpeg
    IMG_2973.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2981.jpeg
    IMG_2981.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I used Van’s supplied pushrod and hardware to connect the throttles. Here are a few more photos that show that. You may have to reposition the hole in the fwd throttle lever closer to the aft edge but still with adequate edge distance in order to get full throw with the connecting hardware. My memory is fuzzy on the details so be on the lookout for binding at full throw.
Thanks for the info, thats really helpful.

Back