What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ray Allen trim motor led sensor wiring

JurgenRoeland

Well Known Member
Hi Collegues,

In the last days I have been playing around with connection of the ray allen trim motor to the vpx. All is working fine except that my trim sensor seems off...
it's indicating a max value of 223 and minimum of 0, yet the motor continues past 0 and the sensor shows 0 in vpx configurator. (there is no binding, the motor really stops, also when it's not attached to the trim and runs freely)

But... the sensor shows values, so it's wiring is ok.
I wanted to use also the ray allen led indicator on the panel and decided to splice the wires blue, green and orange with a soldersleeve split towards a molex connector that attaches to the led indicator.
All wires matched and were tested for contact. I attached the 12v+ of the led trim to a vpx power pin that is activated by the avionics switch. Gnd goes to my ground block.

Big was my surprise that when switching it on, I saw a led indication in the bottom but it is not moving when I move the trim motor. However, vpx configurator is still showing sensor values.
When I disconnect the sensor pins from the vpx J1 and only the led indicator is attached, the led indicator works as expected and I see the leds moving.

It looks like the signal is too weak when both sides are connected. Anybody experienced the same ? Is there a known work around?

greetings
Jurgen

Back