What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quiet Technology Halo Headset

How do you keep mic in place when using mic muff?

I like my Halos, but found they work better with Oregon Aero mic muffs, however, the muffs are just about too heavy for the headset and make it hard to keep the mic in place.

Anyone figured out an easy solution?

Has anyone tried these is a ridiculously high noise level aircraft? Like a Pitts or open cockpit?

Perhaps a home made leather mic cover? Is it possible for someone to post a photo of the mic with the wind screen off?

I used my Clarity Aloft headset, which looks to me to be the same as the Halo, in an Extra 300L for several years, and it was great. Much more comfortable than the Bose 10 ANR's I had been using, and with the ANR active in such a noisy plane, I could not hear music from my iPod as well as I could with the Clarity Aloft, especially bass frequencies. I sold the Bose, I will never use another full cover headset again.

I didn't bother to read all 17 pages of this topic, so excuse me for being lazy and just asking:

Does anybody have any comparison's between the Clarity Aloft and the Halo?

Any airline guys out there using either of these light wt type head sets at work as well as in their sport planes? If so I would appreciate any comments you may have. After years of long haul flying even a Telex 850 hurts my ears after a while.

Thanks

Dennis

Anyone have a comparison between the Clarity Aloft and Bose A20? I am thinking about buying the A20 and am wondering if it's worth the $1100 upgrade.

Back