What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about "the tunnel"

MacCool

Well Known Member
I've owned a -9A, IO-320-D1A, completed in 2011, for about 3 months. Love the plane.

Here on VAF, I read about "the tunnel" and all the stuff that's in there...filters, fuel pumps, red cube, etc...and it gets really hot. I had no clue...to the point where I ordered the Easy Exit Assist Bar made for the hump that "the tunnel" demanded because I had a fuel injected engine.

I never knew what they were talking about. I have a fuel injected engine, but there's no tunnel, nor is there any "hump" down the middle. Poking around on the firewall, I note that my electric fuel pump and the red cube are mounted on the firewall. I have no tunnel.

The fuel system all seems to be working fine, for 360 hours on the tach, but is this some kind of non-standard installation? Do I have anything I should be looking out for? Why do the plans (apparently) call for all that stuff to be in "the tunnel"? It doesn't seem to be logical (to a noob) to put all that stuff in there is it can be mounted on the other side of the firewall...

I never knew what they were talking about. I have a fuel injected engine, but there's no tunnel, nor is there any "hump" down the middle. Poking around on the firewall, I note that my electric fuel pump and the red cube are mounted on the firewall. I have no tunnel.

RV 10 issue.

Back