What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about Oshkosh and vendor discounts

craigw

I'm getting close to ordering a new instrument panel package (EFIS, Auto Pilot, GPS/NAV/COM, ADS-B Transponder, Audio Panel... and more ~$39k retail, reseller package quote ~$36.5k) is there a significant discount to be gained ordering at OSH?

Hard to say until the show starts - it is rare for an OSH special to be preannounced. That just gives the competition the chance to beat the offer.

Check With Garmin at AirVenture

When I purchased my avionics several years ago, Garmin offered a discount on most of their LRUs if you attended one of their presentations. It was good for just a couple months and you had to submit the serial numbers and receipt to receive the rebates. So I worked with Aerotronics who were able to provide me with the serial numbers and purchase receipt.

Don't know if they are still doing this, but worth checking when you are at the show.

Good Luck,

Good for a while

I’ve found most OSH discounts are good until 8/31 or later. May have to order at the show on big ticket items tho. It’s a great place to shop for avionics. Get to the booths/tents early as they get pretty crowded later in the day, especially the air conditioned Garmin tent in the afternoon. It was a good way for me to get some hands on experience a see what I preferred before laying out that much cash.

Last edited:
Back