What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot Static Routing Wing root through Fuselage forward

romaja

Well Known Member
Trying figure out where to route the Pitot and static lines when entering from the wing to fuselage, under the seat pan to tunnel as my snap bushings under the seat to the tunnel area are full with wiring. Most likely will have to drill two small snap bushing holes in the seat ribs to tunnel and wondering what is the best place etc. The wings are all plumbed so that part is covered.

If any -14A builders have pictures to get ideas from, that would be great.

I'm told you should run the pitot static line UP from the wing root to the arm rest, then back at the same elevation to the ADHRS unit. The idea is to keep it rising with no low spots. Any low spots can accumulate water that will freeze in the winter. (Don't ask me how I know.) I routed mine straight back from the wing root under the cargo deck then up to the ADHRS unit. I will change that before next winter. Your Advanced Panel is looking MAH-VEL-OUS!

Desert Aire Doug

I'm told you should run the pitot static line UP from the wing root to the arm rest, then back at the same elevation to the ADHRS unit. The idea is to keep it rising with no low spots. Any low spots can accumulate water that will freeze in the winter. (Don't ask me how I know.) I routed mine straight back from the wing root under the cargo deck then up to the ADHRS unit. I will change that before next winter. Your Advanced Panel is looking MAH-VEL-OUS!

Desert Aire Doug

Thanks Doug!!!!

Back