What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part ID help with Empennage

Mr.gator

I'm New Here
Can anyone tell me where this part goes; specifically the elbow. It came with the empennage kit and I believe it was included with the trim motor wiring. Since I’m done with this kit, I don’t want there to be an issue. Vans said they needed a part number, but this is all that I have. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 167
I think the only place for that elbow is the AHARS unit later on.

Which comes with three in the Avionics (or was it Finish?) kit. I think I might have gotten one of those as well, and just didn't use it. There are errors in the BOM for various kits, so it might just be an extra.

I have the same collection of 90 degree connector and 2 pieces of plastic tube left as well. (I'm almost done with the power plant - so I don't think they are used later.)
If you keep your packing list you can usually look up the bag identification on that list & figure out what the part number of the parts are.
(Assuming you don't separate the contents of the bags into individual part numbered containers).
Paul Fisher
RV 12 iS

Used for the Dynon ADAHR-S (SV-ADAHRS) and Garmin AHR-S (GSU 25C) units. See plans sections 42CiS/U and 42PiS/U

Thanks

Thank you all for your replies as they are most helpful. I feel better now that I just didn’t miss.

That elbow is used on the low pressure side of the brake master cylinders. It may also be used elsewhere. Vans Part Number FLF-00007.

Back