What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Park City, Utah

- Poindexter -

Well Known Member
Friend
Visiting some friends in Park City at the end of this month (August, 2023). Four days. Will be renting a car. Flying in from the West and wanted to see if folks have a recommended airport and/or FBO?

I have been into Heber City a couple times and it was nice. Like all mountain ares airports, you need to be on your game. Have fun.

Heber Valley

Thanks. Not worried about the runway and mountain flying. Rumor has it that Heber Valley airport (KHCR) treats prop arrivals like discarded trash.

Thanks. Not worried about the runway and mountain flying. Rumor has it that Heber Valley airport (KHCR) treats prop arrivals like discarded trash.

Only the FBO, not the locals. We have a lot of RV’s based at KHCR. I have no clue on the tiedown rates, but the fuel is expensive so buy it elsewhere.

Park City

I've only flown into that area once, probably in 2020 or 2021. We landed at Skypark (KBTF), just north of KSLC. We were only there for a long day, not overnight, so I don't know about O/N fees, but the FBO was very friendly, had a courtesy car available, etc...

We flew in from the south. No issues with SLC airspace, except that we needed to cancel IFR a few miles out to avoid being vectored all over the place. Don't know about arrivals from the west, but it looks like there is are VFR transition routes that should work well. There were specific departure procedures to stay clear of SLC traffic on the way out. Don't recall specifics, but they weren't challenging. As of yesterday, self-serve 100LL was $5.94/gal.

Back