What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PAR 200B Audio Panel

custom555

Is anyone using the PAR 200B audio panel? I'm interested in upgrading my PAR 100EX, but have some questions. While I like the PS Engineering intercom and fact both panels include a radio, I'm not thrilled about the PAR 100 frequency tuning knobs. The detents as you rotate the knobs are very light and the selection of numbers in terms of how many clicks you rotate the knobs is vague and inconsistent. When you finally get the correct standby frequency tuned, it frequently changes when you push the same knob to swap the standby and primary frequencies. This can consume time and a disproportionate amount of attention for what should be a simple frequency change.

I can see the 200B uses a separate frequency swap button which solves part of the problem. Does anyone have actual hands on experience with the 200B that can vouch for the effectiveness of the frequency tuning selector knobs?

I see the PAR 200B's TY91L radio uses 6 watts of output power, how well does this radio work?

Finally, I would like to make an Avidyne IFD540 10 watt radio com 1, and use the TL91L as com2. In this case, will the PAR 200B be able to tune frequencies for the Avidyne radio or will that still need to be done with the Avidyne screen?

Any other considerations?

I've had a PAR200B in my RV8 for two years. No problem with "feel" on any of the buttons or knobs. Not certain, but I doubt the 200B will tune the Avidyne. It won't tune my Dynon.

Good to hear the tuning knobs work well on the newer model. When you select your Dynon on the 200B, what frequencies are displayed on the com panel screen?

Good to hear the tuning knobs work well on the newer model. When you select your Dynon on the 200B, what frequencies are displayed on the com panel screen?
The frequencies (primary and standby) displayed on the 200B do not change regardless of which radio you select.

Back