What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

panel pictures

I have seen mock ups of panels on the forums with paper pictures of equipment. I was wondering where they come from? I am going with a garmin stack; sl-40, 327, 495, etc. could any one please help.
plumbflyer

Print to scale...

I have seen mock ups of panels on the forums with paper pictures of equipment. I was wondering where they come from? I am going with a garmin stack; sl-40, 327, 495, etc. could any one please help.
plumbflyer

Download the pictures on the Chief Aircraft web site and use MSPaint to print them at 100% scale.

Some of the EFIS/EMS vendors have 100% PDF pictures of their devices if you plan on using any.

I can e-mail you a bunch of generic instrument pics if you want...

check manufacturer's & retailer's web sites

I did the same thing; built posterboard mockup with taped on pictures before cutting panel.

I don't remember specifically where I got all the pictures but in general checked the manufacturer web site for product I needed a picture for and then searched retailer sites if needed. Can then crop and edit size as needed to actual size (doesn't really matter if that distorts the image as long as the size is right).

mockup panel looked like:

RV-6AN731CKpanel1.JPG

final panel result:

n731ck-1.jpg

Other panel in progress pics at:
http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com/panelAndElectrical/panelAndElectrical.htm

Chris
RV-6A, almost ready for inspection & first flight
Mountain View, CA

Another option is to use a CAD program such as Turbocad. I copied pictures from vendors advertisements and resized them to actual size within the program. As a bonus you can put all your switches and labels on and later print them out. I used slide on decals for my initial labeling printed on my inkjet printer. I think the original panel drawing file I got from Van's website.

dualefisinstrumentns3.jpg

By rockyjs at 2008-08-26

panelor0.jpg

By rockyjs at 2008-08-26

I did the same thing; built posterboard mockup with taped on pictures before cutting panel.

n731ck-1.jpg

Other panel in progress pics at:
http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com/panelAndElectrical/panelAndElectrical.htm

Chris
RV-6A, almost ready for inspection & first flight
Mountain View, CA

Chris, From the above picture it looks like your rudder pedals are almost vertical. The problem is, your feet are not vertical. You might want to jump in and see if you can operate the rudder without touching the brakes. Might need shorter cable links............:rolleyes:

pictures can be deceiving sometimes...

My rudder pedals are actually much less vertical than it looks in that picture. When I took that picture the tail was still removed for a couple moves (one cross country and then awaiting move to airport) and the rudder cable ends were still taped to the fuselage at the tail area with all pedals pushed pretty far forward.

Chris
RV-6A, almost ready to fly
http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com

Back