What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 14-06, Figure 1 Inboard & Outboard Flap Hinge Assembly

md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
Would someone please post a picture of their completed assembly showing the 16 rivets? I'm not having much success getting acceptably driven or squeezed rivets here. Thank you.

First question are you using one of these? I will post pics next but they are zoomed in and not super clear sorry 1000010247.jpg
Would someone please post a picture of their completed assembly showing the 16 rivets? I'm not having much success getting acceptably driven or squeezed rivets here. Thank you.

Hi Mike have a peep at my blog here for some more pictures which may help …

Hi Mike have a peep at my blog here for some more pictures which may help …

Thanks, Steve. I had tried the exact same setup you used but with the C-Frame but I think there was too much play or a bit of bouncing between strokes of the gun which produced undesirable "cratering" of the piece on the shop side. It was still "airworthy" by my estimation, but not what I'm used to. I drilled out the rivets and ordered new parts (had to call Van's and plead my case because they're listed on the site as being on backorder). With new parts in hand, I decided to firmly clamp the rib to a work bench with its end sticking just enough beyond the edge to buck the rivets with my 3x gun and tungsten bar. Worked well. No cratering.

Back