What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 13-02 Step 4 - J-Channel Question

md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/zz149/md9680/Capture_X.JPG

I've marked the areas on the spar flange that are not to be used to match drill the holes in the lower short J-Channel. However, I notice that the end of that J-channel is almost right over where, presumably, a machine screw will eventually be. I've verified several times the length and position of the channel. Don't want to screw this up and I've measured over and over its length and position. Am I doing something wrong here?

There is a caution above page 13-02 step 4 that stipulates not to match drill that portion. You'll flip them in step 5 and match drill those areas to number 40 holes then.

There is a caution above page 13-02 step 4 that stipulates not to match drill that portion. You'll flip them in step 5 and match drill those areas to number 40 holes then.

Thanks. Yeah, not drilling. The "flipping" process seemed odd to me until I saw someone's video of them doing it. It also helped to go far enough ahead in the plans to see their use with the wing skin. Thanks, again.

Back