What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oxygen System

Interested in Oxygen for your RV-10?

• Total voters
Hello fellow Ten'ors!

I wanted to give you a heads up. I contacted Mountain High about putting together the components to 'rough in' for an oxygen system in my plane. I spoke at length with Eric Westeren and then even received a call from Robert Jamieson, the CEO. Robert called a meeting yesterday afternoon to determine what MH needed to do to meet the needs of builders like us.

When I had contacted them previously, I was informed that they 'would not' break the system down into components. The individual who provided this information to me is no longer with the company. Indeed, the opposite is now true.

Here's the good news:

The kit: They have decided to put together a kit for builders. It will include the plumbing (airline and copper), diagrams, schematics, templates, etc. to give you everything you need in order to do the required 'fabrication' portion of the installation.

I encouraged them to include the 'ip' distribution port in a non-functioning 'blank' so that we could insure that we would have proper clearances, etc. I originally intended to mount mine in the same panel I am using for the eyeball vents mentioned in a previous post about back seat ventilation. This may be a problem as the vent air may affect the oxygen sensor used by the 'ip' distribution port.

The ip port can be mounted in several ways. You can use the winged rear mount, or you can use the face plate to 'float' the sensor in a panel ..i.e back seat arm rest. I beleive that this is where Randy DeBauw mounted his.

The early estimate for the required components will be $350-$450. You can look at the components at:

http://www.mhoxygen.com/index.phtml?nav_id=28&product_id=419&photo_id=1

The good news is....Mountain High is listening. Call Eric at 800-468-8185. He is very helpful and keenly interested in seeing the different approaches to mounting the system. (My personal hope is that there will be savings in increased purchases that will drive the costs down for all of us!)

I'll keep you posted as I go forward!

For grins, I'm posting a poll -mostly since Dooug makes it so easy!

Pete #40100 Fuse

Would the real Peter James Stand up.

Pete,
Thanks for the info.
I have been wondering what to do for Oxy in my -7.
I shall give them a ring.
cheers,
Peter James,
Australia.

I did a lot of research and ended up going with Aerox. They will work with you to get you just what you want.
Mel...DAR

Back