What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OshKosh HBC or ShowPlane camping

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
I was reviewing the Camping guidelines...
I don't see HBC. They do call out Show Plane Camping with this rule:
To camp in the showplane camping area, your airplane must be eligible in one of the judging categories.

Question: Is this HBC?

I could make my 7 eligible, but, to be honest, mine is a Go Plane & not a Show Plane.

Suggestions?

I was reviewing the Camping guidelines...
I don't see HBC. They do call out Show Plane Camping with this rule:
To camp in the showplane camping area, your airplane must be eligible in one of the judging categories.

Question: Is this HBC?

I could make my 7 eligible, but, to be honest, mine is a Go Plane & not a Show Plane.

Suggestions?

If I'm not mistaken, I think it's the same. All EABs are considered showplanes. That's why they never turn away an EAB, whereas they will a GA certified.

Just have a HBC sign and they'll direct you to the HBC RV parking area. I hope they do the new procedures they started last year. You can also indicate how close to the shower house and ports johns you want to park.

See you there........

Haven't looked at the site yet this year, Dan - not sure exactly the context of that statement. However, when you register at HBC you select whether to be judged or not.

Haven't looked at the site yet this year, Dan - not sure exactly the context of that statement. However, when you register at HBC you select whether to be judged or not.

Thank you. I just wanted to be sure.
At SNF HB, transient area, they also ask if you want to be judged.
On the map, they show HBC, but the Camping info, states Show Plane(HB, Vintage, UltraLight, SeaPlane, Rotorcraft)

Last edited:
HBC (if things haven't changed) is the area North of the outdoor commercial booths, West side across the street from the Forum buildings, or direct West of Vans booth, or SW of the Warbirds. Not to far a wander form the beer tents... A good spot to camp for sure!

Back