What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH from central Georgia - Looking for fuel/food stop

FlyingBanker

Well Known Member
Patron
Any recommendations on a good fuel/food stop on Fri 7/19 on the way to OSH in northern KY or southern IN? I've looked at both I93 - Breckenridge County and KAJG - Mount Carmel Muni and both have favorable comments in Foreflight. Love to hear some pireps on those and other possibilities, including any that may be having good lunch options on Friday. As a further note, only flying as far as KRYV - Watertown, WI on Friday, then do the arrival at OSH first thing Sat morning.

Any recommendations on a good fuel/food stop on Fri 7/19 on the way to OSH in northern KY or southern IN? I've looked at both I93 - Breckenridge County and KAJG - Mount Carmel Muni and both have favorable comments in Foreflight. Love to hear some pireps on those and other possibilities, including any that may be having good lunch options on Friday. As a further note, only flying as far as KRYV - Watertown, WI on Friday, then do the arrival at OSH first thing Sat morning.
Jim, we've stopped in Mt. Carmel before, nice FBO but we didn't go looking for food. Last year and this year we plan to stop at Daviess County, DCY, in Washington, IN. It is almost exactly half way.

We like BAK, Columbus, IN. Restaurant in the terminal and cheap fuel! 🤗

Any recommendations on a good fuel/food stop on Fri 7/19 on the way to OSH in northern KY or southern IN?
KBAK Columbus, IN has an on airport restaurant that is always good. KBRY Bardstown, KY has crew cars and a few good places from great burgers, fries and shakes at Bardstown Burgers to great American/Kentucky fare at Mammy's Kitchen. Heck, I'm not going to AirVenture this year so you could stop in at KLEX Lexington and I could drive you to any type of place in Lexington you would want to go. There is even a castle two minutes from WestLEX that serves lunch! PM me if interested.

I highly recommend Columbus, Indiana, KBAK. Good airport restaurant that is open until 2 PM EDT. Self service fuel on west end of main ramp is favorably priced..

Back