What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil thermostat - 912S

Thermostasis install kit update:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the thermostasis kit update.

The install of the new thermostasis location and hose routings went in today. Initial impressions are very favorable of the new routings. Our beta tester is located in the Northeast and is currently fighting the rotten weather.

Hopefully we will have some run results and flight test data soon. Once we do that, we will put together the instruction manual and kit information.

Preliminary data looks like the kit will run $679.95 including the thermostasis unit, all AN fittings that are necessary, and all firesleeved hoses.

It looks like if you already have a thermostasis unit, the price will be around $549.95.

For those of you who have already expressed interest, you will be receiving an email directly from Tom or I as soon as we officially release this.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Steve

Just a suggestion. Ensure the lines to the oil cooler are long enough to allow one to modify the lower cowling and move the oil cooler 1" forward as suggested in a number of posts on VAF to help with high summertime oil temperatures.

Just a suggestion. Ensure the lines to the oil cooler are long enough to allow one to modify the lower cowling and move the oil cooler 1" forward as suggested in a number of posts on VAF to help with high summertime oil temperatures.

Marty....

That's an excellent point. I am sending an email to our beta tester now to check on this.

Steve

I already have my cooler 1" forward. Very happy with the warmup time and constant temperatures (sorry Tom, forgot to download the Dynon file last week after flight. This week was to bad to fly).

More final routing and install package

We are just about done with this package. Here is a picture of the final mounting location and hose routings.

The only major change from the picture is that we are shortening up a few of the hoses now that we have good routings. This will clean up the routings a little bit.

So far the numbers we have gotten from this beta aircraft are awesome. We are very pleased with it. The new shorter hoses will be sent to our tester for installation late next week. Then, we are just figuring out a few adel clamp locations and working on the install manual.

Just about there,
Have a great day,
Steve and Tom

wp36cb07fa_05_06.jpg

Tom (TsFlightlines) and I Just wanted to post another update on the thermostasis kit.

We had the opportunity to work with another beta tester who wanted BOTH the thermostasis kit and our fuel hose kit. We wanted to ensure compatibility down the road for those who choose to install the thermostasis kit now, and then later want to add the fuel hose package.

When we do officially release this kit, we will be offering discounts on the combo if you choose to do both at once.

The second beta tester has the fuel hose kit installed and his thermostasis hoses should be arriving to him tomorrow. We made one small change to a hose dimension, and are going to determine which one we like better based on feedback from this installer. Right now we are just down to the minutia and the perfection that we are seeking with this package.

Anyways, to make a long story short.....we are just about there.

Have a great week,
Steve and Tom

P.S. We also are just about ready to release the RV-12 brake hose crossover kit packages and will be offering a retrofit kit setup for the stock setup, and also one that is setup for a parking brake install.

Back