What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oh Skyview, Where Art Thou

I suspect very few people are actually being held up in their completion of their project by Vans, remember the D-180 avionics were available until what, last August?
Well I am. I got my finishing kit short shipped of the new wiring harness, and have done everything that I can waiting on it. Other builders with 500+ serial numbers could easily in the same state and would not have been ready for the D-180 based avionics kit

Having said all that, the truth is quite literally, anyone that is tired of waiting can simply order Skyview from Dynon or any number of their suppliers and finish their project. Or of course, put any panel they desire in it.
Not if they want to remain E-LSA, which is important to many of us.

My discussions with Vans have been enlightening. My synthesis is that they have done their usual superb job of systems engineering. However the product engineering was more of a challenge than anyone realized. BTDT and I have a lot of empathy with them. However, there are builders on hiatus and the number is growing.

MAP POCKET & POH TRAY FOR RV-12by Van's Aircraft Inc. on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 2:38pmWhen we developed the dual-Dynon display for the RV-12, the second display replaced the mapbox in the panel. Because the POH is required equipment for an LSA, we had to have some place to put it. So we came up with a small map pocket that goes on the center console, and a tray for the POH that mounts under the panel. No matter what panel you have in your RV-12, these parts will fit in with little extra effort. We?ve found them very convenient.

This was dated January 16 2012 Van,s developed dual Dynon display. for RV12 Could this mean Dual Skyview.

Map pocket plus carpeting

Just wondering if anyone has Flightline's carpeting covering the console AND gone with the map pocket.

Any suggestions on how this could be done and still have access to remove the console cover for inspections?

Thanks,

Tom

Abby at Flightline can provide you an extra pocket that will velcro onto the carpet in the place that covers the center console. Taking off the carpet takes off the pocket.

Just wondering if anyone has Flightline's carpeting covering the console AND gone with the map pocket.

Any suggestions on how this could be done and still have access to remove the console cover for inspections?

Thanks,

Tom

Van's red demonstrator (412RV) is configured like this.
Holes were punched in the carpet for the screws and the map pocket was screwed in place over the carpet. The the map pocket mounts with some of the same screws that attach the cover.

Thanks!

I appreciate the info fellas. I was hoping that there was an easy way to incorporate the map pocket as it will be very useful. Sorry for the thread drift.

Back