What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Object VR view of Mattituck TMX-360

rv8ch

Well Known Member
Patron
I put together a bunch of pictures of my Mattituck TMX-360 engine so that you can move the mouse around and see it from many angles, sort of an "Object Virtual Reality" or Object VR view as it seems to be called. 360 degrees of a 360 I call it. :)

http://www.rv8.ch/vr/demo.html

It might take a while to load. If you are on dialup, you probably need to be really patient.

Dual p-mags - yes!

Thanks, Jim. Yes, they are dual p-mags, installed by Mattituck.

Really nice little movie Mickey - now get that thing mounted on the airplane! You do know that when I started my -8, yours was one of the web sites I went to every day...until I passed up up. Let's not talk about how long ago that was....;)

Longest build

Really nice little movie Mickey - now get that thing mounted on the airplane! You do know that when I started my -8, yours was one of the web sites I went to every day...until I passed up up. Let's not talk about how long ago that was....;)
I'm gunning for Don McNamara's longest build record! :)

photos

Hey Mickey you're so fine; you're so fine you blow my mind Hey Mickey!

Hope you remember the song lyric. Great job on the photos.

Regards,

John

whole airplane object vr

Cool trick. I might try this with my entire airplane.
That would be pretty cool. There is some nice software out there to help you, but wanted to see if I could do it for "free". It was much easier than I thought. For a whole airplane, I would recommend having the camera on a tripod, quite far away from the aircraft, and zoom in. Then move the plane about 10 degrees at a time, trying to pivot over a single spot and having a helper shoot the pictures without moving the camera. A remote actuator would be best. It might take a bit of time so ensure that the background stays neutral. Let us know how it turns out!

Engine type

It is essentially the same. Here is part of my dialog with Mattituck about this question:

Is the TMXIO-360 the same physical layout as the IO360M1B? This engine has the same dimensions as the Lycoming engine, ands will fit perfectly.

Is the optional cold air sump the same as on the IO360M1B from Van's? What kind of sump would come with the standard TMXIO-360? It is basically the same. We build it with the Superior heavy duty composite sump that will fit and install the same.

Back