What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New to the Bay Area

rph142

Well Known Member
I recently moved to the east bay area(Martinez CA) from Philadelphia for a job transfer. I am riding pretty light for the next few months while my wife lives on the east coast and searches for a job out here and we sell our house in Philly. If there are any RV's under construction in the area that are in need of a second pair of hands or eyes I would be glad to help. The first flight of my 3B went great so I have some "creds".

I have spent the last few weekends building up my time in this...:D
e80uat.jpg

Congratulations on your new job and Welcome to California! I'm near Sacramento in the Central Valley. You are sure to discover a number of RV builders near your new home. There is a Sacramento RVators club, and I would expect there to be something similar for the East Bay where you are.

Welcome

You are only 10 minutes away from Buchanan Field KCCR.
About 10 RVs on the field and several under construction in various stages.
Your best bet to get aquainted is to come up and find builders and flyers on Saturday. NorthWest side of the field is where most of the action is.
You will need someone with gate access to get in.
PM me and I'll hook you up.

Welcome to the East Bay. EAA chapter 393 meets at Buchanan Field. You just missed the January meeting. February meeting will be on the 22nd. Dinner at 6:30, general meeting at 7:30, 161 John Glenn Drive, north of Sterling Aviation. Enter from the airport side of the building.
http://www.eaa393.org/
Depending on where you live in Martinez, I am ~25 minutes to the west of you.

Last edited:
I'll definitely head over to the next eaa meeting. I figured there were a few rv's around because I've seen at least 2 in the air the last few weeks.
N427EF - ill give you a shout if I can make it over this Saturday.

Back