What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Tires 5.00 x 5-6 Best Buy

Frankster13

Can anyone provide information on a good supply option for purchasing tires for my RV-14A? Prices and shipping cost seem to vary widely
I need three 5.00 x 5-6 tires.

Can anyone provide information on a good supply option for purchasing tires for my RV-14A? Prices and shipping cost seem to vary widely
Compare aircraft spruce, Desser, and Wilkerson. For your location, Spruce will probably winout due to shipping cost from SoCal

I'll sell you my two brand new Tires/Tubes sent in my Finish Kit for my RV-7 last week.

I don't need them. That will get you 2/3s of the way there.

Vans list:
Tires: 5:00X5-6 Aero Classic - $140.80 ea.
Tubes: 5:00X5-6IT Aero Classic - $119.85 ea.
Total: $521.30 for the two sets...before shipping.

$500.00 Shipped from SLC UT ASAP.

Last edited:
I usually stock up on my years worth of parts at one of the air shows and get the free shipping. Spruce is my normal goto, but a bunch of that has to do with the mil disc.

Desser offers free shipping w $299 order. Recently bought 2 tubes totaling $294-called and they agreed to ship free. Ordered Friday morning, received In TX Monday.

Does Wilkerson offer online ordering or do you have to call them to place an order. I’ve looked at their website and don’t see any option to place an order. Maybe I’m missing something.

Does Wilkerson offer online ordering or do you have to call them to place an order. I’ve looked at their website and don’t see any option to place an order. Maybe I’m missing something.
I called them and I never heard back. I just assumed they did not have them but it would have been more customer friendly if they call back as they promised.

I called them and I never heard back. I just assumed they did not have them but it would have been more customer friendly if they call back as they promised.
Hmmmmm...... I have never had nor heard of problems with them not answering or calling back. I usually talk to Sara and, after the order arrives, she calls or texts to make sure I am happy. Look at the names on their website. Wilkersons run the place! I would advise calling them again. Calls to any company can get lost.

When I first ordered my current retreads, the did not have the cases for them. Two days later I get a call saying they are about to ship them. Attentive, friendly, personal service that we as a group need to support. That is getting uncommon in today's retail market.

Oh: not to mention they put out a great product! IMHO; YMMV

Last edited:
Back