What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New order

I'm thinking about reordering the rv-10 full kit (I cancelled my order after bankruptcy announcement and got a credit card chargeback). Vans now looks like it may survive, if I order today do I effectively jump to the front of the queue? Any idea on lead times?

Why do you think a new order today would jump in front of those that have already ordered? You cancelled your order, if you come back now with a new order it will be exactly that - a NEW order, and you take your place in line. That assumes, of course, that Vans will accept your order. Many companies that experience a credit card chargeback from a customer will no longer accept future business from that customer, for good reason. You may find yourself on a cash/check only basis, if they accept it at all.

Last edited:
Because I understand vans is prioritising new orders since the bankruptcy to improve cash flow. I am wondering if that's still the case. If you default on a contract you should expect a chargeback.

Items requiring new payments appear to be shipping ahead of items that do not. Vans said this was their strategy in their bankruptcy filing - with good reason. They need new cash flow to survive. So new money takes priority over NO new money. It isn't fair.... but life isn't fair and they are doing what they have to do to survive. So although I can't answer your question with any certainty, my best guess is that the answer yes - you probably go the front of the line. Just my 2 cents.

Items requiring new payments appear to be shipping ahead of items that do not. Vans said this was their strategy in their bankruptcy filing - with good reason. They need new cash flow to survive. So new money takes priority over NO new money. It isn't fair.... but life isn't fair and they are doing what they have to do to survive. So although I can't answer your question with any certainty, my best guess is that the answer yes - you probably go the front of the line. Just my 2 cents.
My understanding is that this is essentially correct, but they will be blending old orders into that queue. They would have to, else old orders would not ever get fulfilled. So new orders can't be ahead of ALL old orders. (And if new orders ever ceased, we all know what that would mean ...)

Because I understand vans is prioritising new orders since the bankruptcy to improve cash flow.
A new order will get Vans the 35% deposit but at that point, it's just another order on the books. Vans actually makes more money on a final payment for an old order (75% plus the new higher price differential vs. 65%). I would think an old order would take priority because it brings in more cash. Cash is king for Vans right now.

Why do you think a new order today would jump in front of those that have already ordered? You cancelled your order, if you come back now with a new order it will be exactly that - a NEW order, and you take your place in line. That assumes, of course, that Vans will accept your order. Many companies that experience a credit card chargeback from a customer will no longer accept future business from that customer, for good reason. You may find yourself on a cash/check only basis, if they accept it at all.
Methinks that your plan for "Gaming the system" is not going to work out as you think.

I suspect Greg hit the nail squarely on the head.

Vans folks watch this forum, ya'know.

Just my #0.02-------as Stein would say.

A new order will get Vans the 35% deposit but at that point, it's just another order on the books. Vans actually makes more money on a final payment for an old order (75% plus the new higher price differential vs. 65%). I would think an old order would take priority because it brings in more cash. Cash is king for Vans right now.
All really good points. I just wonder if shorter lead times are promised with new orders to make them more enticing.

I'm sure everybody has read this from Van's website, posted under Lead Times

Our current backlog doesn’t allow us to display lead times for kits. We are working through production planning for kits already on order, as well as parts orders. The factory production of those orders will take some time. We will soon be working on future production planning, as well. At that time, we will post estimated lead times.:

1. For late 2023 and 2024, our delivery order, priority, and schedules will be determined by available kit inventory and meeting the requirements of the company’s Chapter 11 plan. We will not be shipping kits on a first-ordered, first-shipped basis.
2. ..........
3. .....

To me this sounds like Van's will be doing anything they can to support us, but it won't be FIFO.

I would think you will be in the waiting line. Once they have your deposit you're in the same boat as everyone else. They do not get anything else until finial payment request. Maybe someone that paid in full and never received a kit would be a different situation.

I for one can't understand why somebody would post a question here on this forum when the questions should be directed to Van's Aircraft directly.
They have the answer as good as you are going to get.
They sell the stuff.
But my luck varies FIXIT

I mean, if you do a chargeback on a company, will they even do business with you after that? Like, legitimate question.
I would not fault anyone for using the tools available to them to not lose money due the bankruptcy. If I could have charged back my orders, I would have. I also don't think Vans is or will fault anyone for doing it either.

I mean, if you do a chargeback on a company, will they even do business with you after that? Like, legitimate question.
I know there is some accounting programs that wont even process the card until the charge back flag is reviewed and accepted by the supplier.

YMMV every business is different. But even the Credit Card companies will prevent you from making the purchase if you did a charge back within a certain time frame.

I know there is some accounting programs that wont even process the card until the charge back flag is reviewed and accepted by the supplier.

YMMV every business is different. But even the Credit Card companies will prevent you from making the purchase if you did a charge back within a certain time frame.
Most people have more than one credit card, therefore, your non-chargeback card could be used.

Back