What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Fuse order option 14A Berringer VS Grove

thehagg501

Patron
Does anyone have an honest opinion regarding the option to choose the Berringer vs Grove wheels and brakes? I'm just looking for functionality and value.
Thanks

Can't comment on the functionality, but I now see they lowered the price for Beringer to $2800 or $3200 (was $3200 or $4200 recently). I just spent $1200 on Aircraft Speciality brake lines for the Grove brakes, and the $2800 Beringer includes the Aircraft Specialty lines, so the price is really $1600 to upgrade. However, you do need to buy your own tubeless tires. I think I would have upgraded for the price difference had I had the choice. $1600 plus tires seems like a decent price for what everyones says are better brakes. I also suspect the tubeless tires are probably a good upgrade. Add to that, I've been waiting more than a year for backordered Grove brakes. I think I know what I'd do...

Between tubeless tires (And the price of not needing to buy a good quality tube which is close to the same price of a new Michelin tubeless tire) and SenseAIR (reads tire pressures even while flying) I really like the Beringer set up.

Between tubeless tires (And the price of not needing to buy a good quality tube which is close to the same price of a new Michelin tubeless tire) and SenseAIR (reads tire pressures even while flying) I really like the Beringer set up.
TPS sensors?

I bought the kit for my 7A long ago. I was told 7lbs less weight. One thing I did differently was one piece brake lines from the parking brake to the caliper. Hopefully I get to try them soon. Getting close.

Back