What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need some RV10 Seats PLEASE!

andrewfranke

I'm New Here
Hello all!
I'm about 5 weeks from first flight but still have my front seats on backorder from Vans. I emailed them this morning and they report a delivery estimate of October-November. Ouch.

Is there anyone out there that has received their seats but not ready to install them till later this year? Or, does anyone have one seat (or two) they would be willing to loan me for phase one time?

If I could get a set, I could have Vans ship mine directly to you when they become available. I'm desperate!

Andrew
830-741-1776
[email protected]
Hondo Texas - outside San Antonio

OH OUCH. I got my finishing kit in May and the seats are backordered. When did you get the finish kit?

I don't know if the kit has changed since I received mine a couple of years ago, but the front seats were a metal frame and loose cushions. I had to ship mine out to get covered (I used Oregon Aero) with leather or fabric upholstery. Even if you can get your hands on seats from the kit, they may not be "flyable" unless someone has had them covered.

I think I've got this covered; thanks everyone!

To answer the two responses though:

I got my finishing kit in middle March. The wings are done and wired and waiting at the airport. The finished panel and fuse wiring harness should ship late next week or so from Midwest Panels (check them out - AWESOME)

I've got seat covers here already, so I'm good to go!

Thanks again!

I don't know if the kit has changed since I received mine a couple of years ago, but the front seats were a metal frame and loose cushions. I had to ship mine out to get covered (I used Oregon Aero) with leather or fabric upholstery. Even if you can get your hands on seats from the kit, they may not be "flyable" unless someone has had them covered.

Above was true for me in 2010. However, any local upholstery shop should be able to cover them acceptably (maybe not as pretty) to allow flying with minimum delay time.

Your wings are off and you are 5 weeks from first flight? You must have plans to work non-stop for the next few weeks. From the time I contacted my DAR through his two visits and all his scheduling conflicts, it took 4 months to get my AWC, and he found literally no squawks on either inspection that I wasn't able to fix on the spot. Add in a couple of dozen hours of work re-installing all covers, tunnel stuff, etc after he finished.

If you wings are off, that's a lot to connect, not to mention all of the post AWC inspection stuff. Good luck with all of that! Work slowly and carefully - don't want to miss anything that could be critical.

Quite comfortable to fly on the raw cushions if you leave the plastic covering on them. I upholstered the 10 seats myself and decided that I would do that work while in Phase I, as had lots of downtime due to winter wx issues. I noticed no meaningfull comfort improvement from the plastic bag they were shipped in to the ultra leather. Though it was winter, so hard to tell with all the clothing layers (no shorts in chicago in January). Just don't sit on raw foam, without the thick plastic bag they come in, as it will damage it.

Last edited:
OH OUCH. I got my finishing kit in May and the seats are backordered. When did you get the finish kit?

That's not a very encouraging scenario. So much is backorderd from my finish kit I'm not sure why they bothered to send it. We were able to build the doors, but that's it.

It's very frustrating to be stopped dead in the build because of the backorders with no promise date in sight.

Back