What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need RV paint shop in Georgia or N. Florida

cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
I am flying off my hours on a RV9A and need recommendations on a paint shop in Georgia or north Florida. I have my plane in Waycross, GA

Sandersville..

Hi Cleve,
Are you familiar with Lee Strickland in Sandersville? Washington County Auto. He has jigs for wings, tailfeathers, etc and has done dozens of RV's. 478 552 seven, seven, seven, one. I've seen a bunch of airplanes he's done and they're exceptionally good.

Regards

Lee can't paint without taking wings off just now

Pierre,
I had talked to Lee and had hoped he could do my job. However, I talked to him today and he cannot find a place to do the painting at the airport. He would have to take the wings off and I just don't want that done. I had a time getting the bolts in the spar box and I can't imagine taking them out.
Any more suggestions?

Local guys

Cleve,
I have another friend at Saint Simons who built a gorgeous Velocity. A local paint and body shop owner came out and painted it in his hangar with the wings on. Perhaps someone locally would be willing to do yours. The Velocity was rubbed out afterwards and it's a showpiece really.......painted with no paint booth! So was ours....in the hangar by a local painter.

Regards,

How's that place at JYL? Last time we were there (a year or so ago).. we saw some good paint jobs, but not sure about the rest... (price, schedule etc...)

Tony in Griffin,Ga

Outstanding work, but has a backlog and higher prices.

Advanced Aircraft Refinishers-Tony did the AOPA Cardinal.
770 233-4600

Tell him Vern sent you!

Back