What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need dimple advice

Mikeavny

About to finally install the window on my 14 but need an idea on how others dimpled the centerline rivet hole for an AN507 screw. This hole is labeled 1 on page 38-03 of the plans. The roll bar brace is in the way. Any help appreciated.

I recommend you use the Avery Pop Rivet Dimplers. Easy to use and you can pick them up at Aircraft Spruce (1/8" 12-00614) They work great for tight places and adding nut plates for revisions or additions to your hardware i.e. under the dash stuff.

I recommend you use the Avery Pop Rivet Dimplers. Easy to use and you can pick them up at Aircraft Spruce (1/8" 12-00614) They work great for tight places and adding nut plates for revisions or additions to your hardware i.e. under the dash stuff.
I concur, no chance of mishap. Although it will need to be size #6 (different part number) but the idea is the same.

That's certainly an option. I have a pop rivet dimpler for the 3/32" rivets that I have used a few times, but I'm not happy with the crispness of the dimple that I can get with it. I sure didn't want to buy a new set of pop rivet dies for one hole when I could use the stuff I had on hand to get the job done well and quickly. Different ways to get the job done, I'm happy with my results.

Back