What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need advice on selling Bay Area RV7 project.

ffraz

I'm New Here
Hello All, I'm thinking seriously about pulling the plug on my RV7 project and I would appreciate any advice on pricing and the general sale process folks have used. It's an older kit that includes the empennage, wings and fuselage, but not the firewall forward or finish kit. I estimate completion of the empennage and wings at approximately 80% and the fuselage around 20%. all parts that have been assembled are prepped, alodined and primed. It's been at least five years since I last worked on it - life gets in the way... The project is in the SF Bay area for anyone local who is interested in taking a look. Thanks for any insights or advice!

Regards, Ford

fordfrazier*at*earthlinG*dot*net (substitute k for G)

Regardless of how much, or how little, of the work is done, used kits historically sell for around 1/2 to 2/3 cost of new, sometimes less. However, trends may be changing with the new kit pricing and availability.
Level of completion typically doesn’t mean much but it’s good info.
FWIW just one guys observation over a lot of years.

Regardless of how much, or how little, of the work is done, used kits historically sell for around 1/2 to 2/3 cost of new, sometimes less. However, trends may be changing with the new kit pricing and availability.
Level of completion typically doesn’t mean much but it’s good info.
FWIW just one guys observation over a lot of years.

Thanks JonJay. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.
You’re welcome.
Take it with a grain of salt! Van’s woes have certainly presented challenges and opportunities in the used kit market. Good and bad.

Back