What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a BFR instructor in greater Atlanta area

donaziza

Well Known Member
Can anybody recomend a Biannual flight review instructor in the greater Atlanta area?? Last time I asked 2 years ago, I found Brett at KCCO. Brett's a good guy,:D but he's just so darn busy, we can't connect.:rolleyes:

Bump to the top
Or how bout SE Tennessee, SW North Carolina. Western Alabama, South Carolina, or Central Georgia. One of you guys must know somebody.

Last edited:
May I suggest that you include the aircraft type? 8 or 8A? And if the right/back seat has fully functioning controls, including brakes?

If there is a local flying club they often require a flight review every year and have a bunch of freelance instructors listed on their website. Good luck, it’s getting harder and harder to find the things in aviation that we used to take for granted.

Don’t know where else to post this, moderator, feel free to move it if applicable.

I’ve been thinking of this for quite some time. I’m a pilot on a private jet and from time to time have 3 and 4 day layovers across the country.

I built and own an RV7 and as a professional pilot I treat amateur aircraft activities as such. I.E. I like helping but won’t accept monies for it.

As an experienced instructor, I’m proficient in virtually all of the Van’s models.

Therefore, I thought it would be a nice way to give back to our RV community by giving free Flight Reviews when I’m on these layovers.

For example I’ll be in the Las Vegas area next Wednesday through Saturday.
In November I’ll be in Pontiac Michigan for 5 days.

Thoughts anyone?

May I suggest that you include the aircraft type? 8 or 8A? And if the right/back seat has fully functioning controls, including brakes?

H-m-m, never thought of this. Its a tailwheel, and yeah, it has a throttle, stick and rudders in the back. No brakes. I've got maybe 23000 hours total time, (Marine chopper driver, then the airlines) including 1000 in my RV 8.

Last edited:
Back