What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Naval Aviators

P-3 Orion Flight Engineer

David S. Fuchs ADC Instructor FE
8,000 Flight Hours in P-3 series aircraft

S2D/E Plane Captain (if you could believe) USS Lexington

RV-12 Wannabe builder

Active service
14 March 1970 - 31 July 1990

NAVAL AVIATOR

USN Retired (92)
MIL--A-4E, TA-4J, P2-V, C-1, (5000hrs)
CIV--C-172, CHINOOK PLUS II, B-737, other I forget (18,000hrs)

Jim Jeter
Building RV-12 with quadriplegic son.
Orange Beach, Al

Last edited:
Naval Flight Officer

VF-74, VF-151, VF-202.
2000+ Phantom hours.
Instructor VT-86.
Inducted into Martin-Baker Tie Club, August 1978.
Lifetime member Tailhook Association - you should be too.
Retired from active duty in 1996.

Dave Svajda
Olathe, KS
RV-6 ultra slow build.

Student Naval Aviator

I was in the USMC as a navigator on C-130s. My class was the last class to learn celestrial nav. I got out and flew for ASA for 5 years and I'm back in the swing of military life (Navy). Now I am just a sitting duck waiting to class up for primary. I can't wait to get in the air again besides the random GA flying that I am forunate to get. Started a RV-8, and I absolutley think that the post with the navy paint scheme is stellar. Kudos to you!

Aircrazed,

What do you want to fly when you get to the fleet?

Have a great time in Pensacola. I'd say go to the beach a lot while you're waiting for training to start, but that might not be too much fun right now. Good luck in training.

Dave

USNR Retired. Ten Years active duty, flying P-3s...Loved it! Would do every minute of it again.

Trying to build an RV7. Got no further than prepping the empennage and have been on hold for 5 years because of life's circumstances. So, I watch this site every few days, and oil my tools about every 3 months, to stay motivated. Now I just wait patiently for my sons to finish college so that I may begin the project again.

Greg

Aircrazed,

What do you want to fly when you get to the fleet?

Have a great time in Pensacola. I'd say go to the beach a lot while you're waiting for training to start, but that might not be too much fun right now. Good luck in training.

Dave

I definetly want pointy nose. I flew buses before commisioning and I need some new excitement. Thanks for asking. P'cola is great and the beaches aren't that poluted, unlike the media likes to tell you. Traning is slow right now due to some issues at the wing.

USN Retired

F-14's, retired in 2008.

Currently working on an RV-7, engine assembled and waiting to mount :D

Smokey, I really love the paint job on your aircraft, one of my best friends was in the Jolly Rogers for most of his flying career.

Great thread.

Back