What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My tail number erroneously on ADS-B

MS19087

Well Known Member
My plane is in my hanger for condition inspection in Pennsylvania. The link below is showing his flight from Texas using my telephone number. Why is this happening? Should I contact the FAA?
IMG_1613.png

It may be possible an air traffic controller entered your tail number while talking to another aircraft. If they assigned a squawk code and your tail number is what was entered in the system, that’s what would show up. I don’t think this is an ADSB issue.

Crop duster? Can you overlay the track on satellite background and see if that makes sense. If so, contact the property owner and ask who did the dusting.

I had this happen several times. Turned out that any tail number ending in my tail number would send me a report I was flying. Seems like Flight Aware triggers off the last 3 digits sometimes.
My number is N8JL and I got notified of a flight for 3 different planes such as N548JL. The one I actually found flying was a Barron in Florida.
I called the FBO and asked if the Barron pilot was there and we spoke. For about a month every time he flew I got an alert from Flightaware. I actually got a person from flight aware and he explained how they sorted and 3 characters was enough and they chose the first one from the list.
I haven’t had that happen again.

It appear the aircraft requested VFR flight following on the ground at SKF. The controller misheard the callsign and your callsign of N94MS was used in the computer system. When you look at ADSB Exchange's history, the aircraft's actual tail number was N954MS.

It appear the aircraft requested VFR flight following on the ground at SKF. The controller misheard the callsign and your callsign of N94MS was used in the computer system. When you look at ADSB Exchange's history, the aircraft's actual tail number was N954MS.
Where can you find the ADS-B exchange history? Thanks!!

Where can you find the ADS-B exchange history? Thanks!!
https://globe.adsbexchange.com click on the replay button if the time and date on the bottom aren't already showing (that's under the "F" on the right side of the map). Then change the date and Zulu time to where you want it to start....be sure to close the advertisement when you want to change the date or you're going to end up going to some other website. So yesterday at 1619Z you can see N954MS depart off SKF, with the callsign not available for the first minute.

Back