What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving Day!

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Man, the roll on was totally the way to go on this. It only took around 20 minutes to load up and after an uneventful 8 mile trip, 10 minutes to drop off. Thanks to Keith Rea for recommending Happy Hooker towing here in Wichita.

I asked the driver if this was his first airplane and he was like "nah, I've done quite a few. The last one was an off airport engine failure though."

Attachments

• IMG_9047.jpg
    IMG_9047.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_9048.jpg
    IMG_9048.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 185
Congratulations Terry!!
Glad you found someone local.

That skirt work for your canopy is beautiful. Im about 3 months behind you.
All the best.

Arnie

Congratulations

Man, the roll on was totally the way to go on this. It only took around 20 minutes to load up and after an uneventful 8 mile trip, 10 minutes to drop off. Thanks to Keith Rea for recommending Happy Hooker towing here in Wichita.

I asked the driver if this was his first airplane and he was like "nah, I've done quite a few. The last one was an off airport engine failure though."

It is a monumental step.
One that I finger-tented about.
I even interviewed the driver.
All went well.

Daddyman

Moving plane

I’ve done four planes I built in my shop that way with no problems. It turned out ok but don’t make the stupid mistake I made on the last one, a RV-7A. Fully painted and assembled except wings and wheel pants. The high “A” model tail sitting tall on the trailer trimmed some leaves from lower branches on trees getting out of the neighborhood. Very nervous in trailing car but no damage mostly because the driver became aware and used both lanes to navigate a pathway.

Back