What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Motorcycles? I see a pattern!

looks like VAF needs a "motorcycle" section under Model specific. or maybe a "other stuff" category for cycles, cars, tube/fabric, politics, you name it.;)

Other toy

My current ride--
IMG_0028x.jpg

Sky
8/8A-??

I'm selling my cycle so I can open up space in my 3rd car stall to build an RV-10. I love riding motorcycles, but I love to fly even more.

Bikes Are Good

Hi folks, you know, when I check all the photos of builders, one thing stands out. I see a lot of builders with a motorcycle parked somewhere.
Care to share what your ride is/ maybe some pics of them.
I think there is a pattern. The rush factor. :)
To start, I have a Suz Bandit 1200, fully opened.
b12Close1.JPG

Past: Kawasaki "Coyote" mini-bike, Honda SL70, Hodaka Super Rat, Honda CR125, Suzuki RM125, Suzuki RM250, Honda CB500 Four, Yamaha YZ250, Suzuki GS750E, Honda 500 Interceptor, Kawasaki KDX200, Triumph '69 Bonneville 650

Present: Suzuki GSXR750, Yamaha FJR1300, GasGas TXT280, Yamaha WR450F
For the grandkids: Yamaha 50, Honda XR80, Honda XR100, Honda XR200

Can't beat bikes!

Still Riding

Went for a ride yesterday with my new Gerbing Jacket Liner on a sunny day in Oregon. 2009 Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider. Great bike and beautiful area to ride and fly in the Willamette Valley. The Gerbing heated gear works great and can even use it in the RV!

Had to give up something--

I'm selling my cycle so I can open up space in my 3rd car stall to build an RV-10. I love riding motorcycles, but I love to fly even more.

Know what you mean--had to give up my dirt bikes to have room for the airplane factory (but kept the HOG.)

Sky

re: therapy

I'd be willing to bet you wind up buying another bike before you're finished with your RV10.:D You'll need it for the therapy and stress relief after a tough day of building.
When I've had a seemingly stressful day, I can get in the airplane or on the Goldwing and all the problems of the day just seem to "go away".
Flame suit is on. I know....I know, have your head fully in the game before flying.......or riding.:)

Marshall Alexander

MY NEXT BIKE..............

img2385t.jpg
img5831e.jpg

old school is good, love the oldies.:cool: new is nice.... love the HP.

Last edited:
Back