What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moller Fuel Gauge

Design credit...

It was Bender. Here is a picture of the official engineering drawing from the archives:

CTT4715-M.jpg

Before someone asks why you need a testicular guard to work on the fuel tank, that is the "Hal_San cup" in the picture and it duct tapes to the inside top of the tank to catch the chips from cutting the hole for the Moeller:
CTT4718-M.jpg

Tony

THANKS TONY - -

Petie does not give up on causing trouble ! I think the Texas heat has gotten to him ! ! HA !

John Bender

...and all this time I thought Marty came up with that. We better check the archives.

Yep, the idea was mine, John found the Moeller and did the detailed design and 1st installation. Just one question for John. Your last post says 382 hours. Little or no flying lately? What have you been up to this past month? There must be another Bender mod or design forthcoming.

N I C E T R Y - -

thread drift - - and Pete started it all ! ! ! Texas trouble-maker ! ! ! HA !

John Bender
Lots of hours !

Yep, the idea was mine, John found the Moeller and did the detailed design and 1st installation. Just one question for John. Your last post says 382 hours. Little or no flying lately? What have you been up to this past month? There must be another Bender mod or design forthcoming.

Soon we will see RV-12's listed for sale touting "All current Bender Mods Installed". Of course they will all be priced higher!

If - -

you use the 12" Moeller fuel gauge, you will be able to see the hole needed once it is in your hands. I also made a backup plate and threaded the holes. Some have not. Never had a problem with mine. Also have not used much Ethanol either, so not sure yet if it will ever be a problem. Still appreciate having it. You can see it while filling, and while flying.

Do you have my original directions/drawing ?

Soon we will see RV-12's listed for sale touting "All current Bender Mods Installed". Of course they will all be priced higher!

I'm glad the Marty and John Mod tax did not pass for this year. :rolleyes: Since most of my were done in 2012.

I am safe till they come up with something else and the tax passes. :D

Last edited:
Back