What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missouri paint shop

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Someone had a post here within the last couple months about an aircraft paint shop opening in Missouri. I think it was on the Springfield airport. Anytime know?

New Paint shop opening in Springfield MO (3DW)

I know all about the paint shop that's opening in Springfield, MO at the Springfield Downtown Airport - 3DW. The paint shop is about 150' from my hangar, and I have become good friends with the owner.

My RV-14 is first in line to get painted, hopefully in mid-Sept!

Between Covid and the supply chain issues, it's taken two "lonnng" years to get the paint shop up and going. Paint booth has been delivered and installation crew is SUPPOSED to be here next week to put it up. The booth itself is a collapsible 60' wide booth. When not actually painting, it collapses back against the wall to leave maximum room in shop for prepping planes.

The paint shop is going to only paint experimental planes, and especially focused on painting RV's. The paint shop is not officially open yet, but people are already finding out about it and scheduling their planes for painting.

The paint shop is called Fulltron Aviation. You can check their website at www.FulltronAviation.com Currently there is no info on the paint shop on the website yet, but by early to mid-Sept you can check website for paint shop info.

I'll put up pics of the paint booth when my plane gets in paint shop. Right now the paint shop is estimating about a two week turn-around time for painting an RV (new RV's don't need expensive and time consuming paint stripping, so turn-around time should be really good)

Dan Baker
N58TV - RV-14 #140505

Paint

Hey Dan, I just talked to your guys there about painting my aircraft. We got it scheduled.

Back