What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

missoula mt

rwarre

Well Known Member
Planning a flight next week to Missoula for homecoming. Anyone fly in that area at this time of year. My RV7A has at O320 150 hp. Concerned about weather icing and getting out of there with the surrounding terrain.

We're expecting mixed precip this weekend; early snow! Icing is *always* a concern in this area, and you are correct that MSO is in the bottom of a bowl with surrounding high terrain in all quadrants. Unsure when you want to fly, but this weekend wouldn't be great, as it's tough to get high enough (or low enough) quickly without picking up a load of ice. Who knows, maybe it will be nice wx by mid-week :)

flight

That's what I suspected. I booked a commercial flight into Billings and plan on driving to Missoula, that lessens my chances of weather related delays. Thanks for the update.

That's what I suspected. I booked a commercial flight into Billings and plan on driving to Missoula, that lessens my chances of weather related delays. Thanks for the update.

Sky West runs Denver to Missoula and Bozeman, I'm sure you know but bil to mso is a pretty good drive

WeatherStory1.png

Good football wx for the Griz, but not ideal for RV travel to the KMSO game.

Back