What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Medical mistake:

Good work...

Congrats to a fellow survivor of the ludicrous Maintenance Wakefulness Test! I recently received my waiver in the mail following my testing.

One thing my AME noted was that with the FAA putting a major focus on fatigue issues (and sleep apnea specifically) we will be watched closely. He said that we will be having to prove "treatment compliance". In other words, they will be asking for the data downloaded from CPAP machines to prove that we use them.

I'm living proof that you can get use to sleeping with the thing attached to your face. The good news is, it works.

Good show Mike

All your comments are spot on. It is without question the stupidest thing you could possibly be forced to do to and everything is stacked against you.

You'll probably receive a note from Das Fed that all you'll need to do is submit a letter from your sleep doc for your next renewal in lieu of another study. As mentioned in another post, take the CPAP to your sleep doc, download the compliance data and include that with a note from the doc that you won't fall asleep flying that noisy airplane with numerous simultaneous stimuli that make it impossible to consider sleeping.

It saved me annoying overnight visits and the ridiculous MWT with the sleep doc, not to mention about $1k.

Get Flying and come visit us in Florida!

Back