What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Machine Countersinking Longerons 29-14

jamcgee1978

Afternoon from a chilly Scotland !

tomorrow I’m completing step 9 and countersinking the longerons to begin with. I queried the plans with Vans as it says cs holes that are common with fwd side skins in the 1013 fwd longerons. My query is

1. what about the rest of the 1013 longeron common with the mid fuse skin ? No mention in the plans and I am not screwing this up. Could someone please clarify I am to simply countersink the remaining holes as I was expecting.

2. I see there are holes left open around the mid cabin deck area presumably for the doors later , should the longeron behind these open holes be countersunk

3. When countersinking the 1046 mid fuse longeron common with the side skin are all holes to be countersunk.

hope this makes sense.

cheers
James

I am building a 7 and I remember countersinking all the holes. But the best way to know is look at the rivet callout on the skins sheet. If you see a CS rivet you can reasonably assume a CS longeron.

From memory (so treat with caution) all the skin to F-1013 longeron rivet holes are countersunk, including the ones by the doors that are not riveted until later. The F-1046 longerons are different, as the rivet holes from roughly the back seat rearwards are not drilled until the fuse is attached to the tail cone. The skins are machine countersunk for those holes.

Back