What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mac Inc. Elevator Trim Servo

MWH265

Well Known Member
I think my elevator servo gave up the ghost. I believe it is original to the build. 1996 kit. Took it apart today expecting to find a Ray Allen. I was surprised when I found a sticker on it saying "Mac Inc" with an address in Vista CA. Anyone know if they are still in business? Called the number and tried searching the inter web, no joy. I'll call Ray Allen tomorrow to see if they know which one of theirs will replace it. Hopefully mounting holes and size of the unit are the same. Anyone have any experience with switching one out?

Thanks,
Mike

I think my elevator servo gave up the ghost. I believe it is original to the build. 1996 kit. Took it apart today expecting to find a Ray Allen. I was surprised when I found a sticker on it saying "Mac Inc" with an address in Vista CA. Anyone know if they are still in business?

Thanks,
Mike
Ray Allen bought Mac, IIRC.

Ray Allen bought Mac, IIRC.
And there is a list on the RAC/MAC website that lists the new numbers for the old numbers.
VAN'S RV-3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14RAC T3-12A (MAC 8A) ELEVATOR
RAC T2-10A (MAC 6A) ELEVATOR
RAC T2-10A (MAC 6A) AILERON (with trim tab)
RAC T2-10A (MAC 6A) AILERON (with springs)
RAC T2-7A (MAC 4A) RUDDER*

(Not sure how to change the size of the QUOTED text as it created too large of a table. PREVIEW shows it the size I was hoping for.)

Thanks all. I have seen that list. I think the T2-10a is the one I need. I measured the mounting holes as 2 inch on center and the RA one looks like 2.375 on center. Might have to modify the bracket. I was hoping there was a plug in the tail. There wasn't. I didn't want to cut the wires but it looks like I might have to. I always run my electrical repairs by my avionics guy first. Maybe I'll see if he can add a plug so the next one will be easier to replace.

A Little History ...

MAC - Menzimer Aircraft Components, was an outgrowth of Vern Menzimer's Grand Champion build back in the "good old days". Kinda like how Cleaveland Aircraft Tool got started.

Ray & Allen are his sons, are still in business in Vista, CA and always display at AirVenture.

Vern was one of the "good guys" that have made our projects better over the years.

HFS
HRII S/N 002

Back