What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

lube nose wheel shaft ? ( during sb 14-8-29)

Lan Vinh Do

Well Known Member
I am about to do the SB 14-8-29 this week end. I was wandering if anybody put some grease between the shaft wd 1016 nose gear link assembly and the elastomers j-11968-14. since i bought the plane there is a squeaking noise that look like it come from there. Since i will disassemble, i figure it was time to ask.

If yes, what do you put?

Thank You

For squeaking rubber bushings, and the like, my old favorite is Johnson's baby power (Talc). As a mechanic decades ago, I tried many lubes and this one not only worked, but made the parts smell good.

Check the ingredients, and be sure it is 100% talc. I don't know what brands you have down under. Hold the rubber donuts in your hand and cover them all over.

Don't do it. As recently discussed, the friction between the parts is part of the dampening function.

oups

Thank you very much for the info. I was reading the tread about nose gear problem since day one but i probably skip a page as a miss the info NOT TO LUBE IT.

Thank you again.

Back