What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for volunteers

leok

Well Known Member
Open request:

I will be chairing the "Builders Education Center" at Oshkosh this year, As always we are looking for volunteers to help teach building skills of all types. If you would like to help others learn please come by and help out. 2 sessions a day all week long Morning/afternoon.

Sheet metal, driven rivets, take the most volunteers to help out. Later in the week is always had to fill the needs.

The benefits, aside from making new friends, is an air conditioned building to rest your legs, free cold soda and water, donuts in the AM, lunch and... free daily admission to the show for the day (or week the following year for 20+ hours) following the volunteer work.
40+ hours qualifies for following year free camping as well.

Who Are You

Is that you Leo? It might help to put your name in the message.

I have volunteered at the Sheetmetal Workshop for many years. The BEC runs all the workshops.
If you work one 3-hour session, you get a free lunch, which at OSH can save you lots of $$$.

You do not need to be a Tech Counsellor; if you've built a tail section you are qualified.

Yes John, it's me.

And yes it is the same thing as the workshops.

As John notes, anyone that had completed enough rivets to make them look reasonably good is welcome to lend a hand in the sheet metal work shop. There are also needs in the other areas as well.

Leo Knowlden

Signing up to volunteer

There is a page on the EAA web site to sign up, Here is the general link:

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/support-eaa...ture/available-airventure-volunteer-positions

I just checked and didn't find the Builders Education Center (BEC) listed. To make it easy for those who want to volunteer, just come by the BEC staff building and we'll sign you up. This is where you find us:

BEC-Location.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back