What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for pictures of Show Planes Flap Positioning System (FPS) install in RV-8/8A

Lyle RV8

Does anyone have pictures of an installation of the Show Planes Flap Positioning System (FPS) in a RV8/8A? I have already identified that the FPS switch bracket interferes with the manual aileron trim cable which will require the trim cable to be rerouted. Looking for how others mounted the FPS switch bracket/positioning rod and the FPS control box as there seems to be a couple of options and I am unsure which way to go.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I am posting some pictures of what I did in case it will help someone else.

As mentioned first I had to lower the routing of the manual elevator trim cable ~2.25" so it would not interfere the FPS switch bracket. Be careful not to lower the trim cable beyond that or it will interfere with the attach bolt/nut/cotter pin when the flaps are fully retracted.

Here are pictures of the install in both the flaps fully retracted and deployed positions

IMG_0881_zpszj6nhdkh.jpg.html
position:

IMG_0886_zpsv6atks5w.jpg.html

I plan to mount the control box underneath the arm rest as it should avoid ny catching of the wires on the flap motor mechanism.

An issue is that the switch bracket and wiring are exposed (see the following picture) and easily damaged by the passenger's arm when in the retracted position so my next task will be to fabricate a cover to protect it.

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lhmccarty/media/IMG_0887_zpsrrx7m3ru.jpg.html

Back