What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a Commercial check ride DPE

toddjump2

I'm New Here
Sponsor
Can anyone recommend a DPE for a commercial check ride in my RV-7.
I live in Illinois and am willing to travel out of state.
Thaks
Todd

Dick Hanusa in Oshkosh ( he may be in Florida for the winter) I've used him a few times and he did my CFI-I in my RV7

I did my commercial check ride in July of this year with Jeff Allen at Galesburg, IL. I believe you can contact him through Jet Air on the field. He was very fair and I recommend him. I did the check ride in my Cessna 170 so I can't tell you about his willingness in a RV.

Send me a PM for his phone number if you can't reach him.

Doug

Last edited:
Jim Baer at Bigfoot airport (near Beliot). Fair rates, good availability and EAB friendly. Did my son's PPL. Not far from Cary.

Not yet. Dick Hanusa who is in Florida has a busy schedule and with winter weather it has been difficult to arrange. Still looking for someone closer.
If you are considering Florida as an option from Illinois then certainly Tennessee would be acceptable. I did my Commercial check ride in my own RV with a certain well-known record breaking aviator in southeast Tennessee. She will want information about the builder, the build, the accident/incidence/maintenance/flight history of the experimental and your familiarity with the aircraft but she WILL consider doing a check ride in experimental aircraft. PM (or Conversations) me and I can share contact info.

Back